Closeout plants from Lowes ! !

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Happyflowerlady • Jul 18, 2014.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of my most favorite stores to shop for plants, shrubs and bushes is Lowes Garden Store. While my husband is looking for building materials and tools, I am happily out in the garden center, looking through the closeout plants. I have found $15 Knockout Roses on sale for only $5, and other plants that were marked down to at least half price, and often a lot more than that discount.
    We never even bother going to Home Depot, since they do not have any of these closeouts. They will literally throw away a scruffy looking plant before they will mark it down and sell it to you, and their overall prices seem to be higher than Lowes prices are.
    Plus, another wonderful thing that Lowes does, is to honor our American Veterans. If you are enlisted military, or a vet, then Lowes will give you a 10% disscount on everything that you buy, every day of the year ----- to me this is a company that truly CARES about our military Vets, and SHOWS IT ! !
    We just show my husbands VA card when we check out, and they automatically take off the 10% discount.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Happyflowerlady, I did not know about the discounts at Lowe's on plants, I love to get a reduced or abused plant at a good price and bring it back to life. I usually go to Home Depot mainly because it is closer. I will have to go to Lowe's and check them out to see what I can get at a discount.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I never knew about discounted plants, thanks for the info. My Mom has this thing where she likes to revive plants that don't look too hot--I don't get it either--so this sounds right up her alley.