Cheap Local Products?

Discussion in Travel started by Denis Hard • Jul 19, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This isn't for the snobs who think everything in their home country is much better than anything they'll find anywhere else. Why travel in the first place if you're not willing to try out new things? When traveling a good way to save money would be by trying the locally produced products. This could range from drinks to any other kind of product which will be a lot cheaper than buying imported ones.

And as for food, try the smaller restaurants and sample the delicacies they have to offer. You never know, you can end up liking them anyway since there's always a first time for everything.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to travel quite a lot, due to my work and also for pleasure. And, quite frankly, if I didn't buy locally products or services, I wouldn't be able to afford it. I always look for good opportunities. I buy from people who set up small stalls in the street, selling whatever is growing in their backyards, or at bigger markets, where I can find all kinds of local specialities, crafts, practical things, you name it. I have seen and learnt so many "unusual" things over the years by talking and dealing directly with the natives of the countries that I have visited.

3. Billynlex

BillynlexNew Member

Threads:
    I love local street fairs and food carts. The food in street cards is usually amazing and indicative of the country which you're traveling- which are two upsides in my book. Why go somewhere neat and eat at some chain restaurant, paying three times what you would pay were you to eat at a mom and pop market or cart?