Would You Work Together With Neighbors To Save Money?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Jul 21, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of the best ways to save money is buying things in bulk. Sometimes attempting to make such a purchase as an individual could be counter-productive especially if the items you buy can go bad. The way to go around this is form a buyers' club of sorts with your neighbors. You can then make bulk purchases of stuff, split it up in the appropriate ratios and you'll save some cash consistently.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds like an excellent idea. I would like to try it out with people who are into health food like me. Although, I don't know if I would find anyone amongst my neighbours. I could still put up a note on the notice board in the health food store and see if there are any like-minded individuals out there.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This does save money, we do this within the family, if someone see something that we all use at a good price we get it and split it and every body gives the person that made the purchase money for their share. We get bread, fruit and other large purchases this way at a good price.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a good idea, but not really necessary depending on the item. It also depends if you're close with your neighbors, so you're better off doing that with your trusted friends and relatives, since in my case, some of our neighbors are shady characters when it comes to financial or material gain and borrowing money in general.