What Do You Think Of Russia's Dual Screen Phones?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Denis Hard • Jul 21, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:

It's said that it enhances user experience and improve battery life. I expect that since the phone does promise to deliver quite a lot, the price too has to be rather unfriendly.

Do you think other companies will copy the Russians and make cheaper but similar devices or should we expect something even more innovative in the near future?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To tell you the truth, I have never heard of it. Maximising the human connection sounds intriguing to me. What's that all about? Trying to make you feel more connected with the person at the other end?
    I think it won't take long before the market will be flooded with similar gadgets, probably only smaller, better and with a lot more of different functions.

3. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    It actually looks pretty cool but it's more like a gimmick. I don't see it being useful at all since I can easily tab to another app faster than I could turn my phone around. I don't think other companies will copy it, because it's only a gimmick, nothing more. Maybe I didn't think of all possibilities yet, but for me it's not useful at all and I don't see it saving power either, since 2 screens usually need more energy than one except when they are a lot worse and that wouldn't be good either.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't see myself using it, and I think the whole thing is just a bit of a gimmick, but I may change my mind if I actually get to use one and find out that the extra screen really does something significant. I dislike the idea of having a screen at the back, though, since it doesn't look very appealing to me at all and I'm worried that both sides of the phone will just gather smudges instead of me just having to worry about one side. Like I said, though, I might change my tune if they prove that the second screen really warrants is supposed purpose, but as of now I am highly doubtful.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's an intriguing idea, but I doubt it will be adopted here. It really is a gimmick, and gimmicky phones tend to fail in the United States. The Amazon Fire Phone recently received a lukewarm reception and unimpressive sales figures. I would expect a dual-screen phone to suffer the same fate no matter how many features it was packed with.