Would You Consider Watching Alternative Sports?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Denis Hard • Jul 21, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Those fans who actually buy tickets tend to spend a lot of money each time their team plays. I know how it feels to be in the stadium and watch your team play [and cheer them on] but supposing there are cheaper sporting events in the neighborhood, something like an amateur league or something similar or just another kind of sport where you don't have to fork out in cash, would you consider going to such sporting events?

They might lack some glamor but I have no doubt they can be as entertaining as the other sporting event you'd pay a substantial amount of money to enter the stadium/arena or whatever.

2. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Absolutely! I do this all the time now. Actually, I find these events more fun than the big sporting attractions. Sometimes they are free too and my friends and I always have a good time. We go to local car racing and baseball events. I enjoy being out of the house and just having fun. The food and music are always great when I go these smaller venues and I have much more room to move!

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Basketball is very popular here so most neighborhoods tend to have some sort of tournament or competition going on regularly, so we always have something to watch whenever we're in the mood for sports. I don't like basketball that much though, unfortunately, but I find it alright to watch a few games every now and again. I much prefer MMA and sadly there is no amateur version of that, so i
    I just watch the pros on tv instead.

4. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I used to play soccer in an amateur league and since I stopped playing last year I've missed going to the games. So now, instead of playing myself, I just go there to watch the games of my old team, they are also free and still a lot of entertainment. I don't get why people would spend absurd amounts of money to watch a game, when there are a lot of free games in the same area.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Beats me too. If I can't watch a game on the TV then I always find a free game being played in the neighborhood, to watch. In our town, in Summer, when the kids don't have to go to school, there's always a match to watch everyday.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I won't. I watch sports because I am a fan and I want a rather intense and a serious play because they are not a really waste of time. I don't have anything against amateur sporting events. It's just that I don't get the chance to know about the players and the nature of the teams playing, so I am not into it.