Favorite apps

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Peninha • Jul 21, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These days most people have smart phones and use apps, so the question here is, what are your favorite apps? Were those free apps or did you have to pay for them?

Or are you still one of those people that doesn't have a smart phone? :p

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    Well, of course I like Facebook becauseI use it to update my family and friends and in turn, get updates from them. I also like Pinterest for recipe, craft, and gift ideas. Both of those can be find online though. I also really enjoy the Feedly app. Its an RSS feed and allows me to add blogs I like to follow and get their updates. It saves me from creating a bunch of bookmarks on my computer and/or having to remember all of them.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use the Facebook app for Facebook, obviously. Then I like using Swiftkey keyboard in order to type on my phone with a capable predictive typing keyboard. I have Snapchat, the Vons shopping app, and a handful of others. I like to keep my phone somewhat barebones because I don't need tons of apps to get through the day. I don't have games on there or other distractions.

4. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    If you ever want to learn another language, I recommend Duolingo. They have many languages to choose from and the app is very easy to use and a lot of fun plus it is free. Another app that I like is Spotify which is a music streaming service that you can also find online and I actually prefer it to Pandora. Continuing with the music theme, I really like SoundHound which is a music search app that let's you match songs when you don't know the title.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've used Duolingo before. It's a pretty decent app, and it'll help you grasp the basics of a handful of languages. You can't beat sitting in a class room or listening to audio lessons, though. Duolingo won't give you a complete and rich understanding of the language you're trying to learn because it's only a smartphone app.

6. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on which type of app or apps you are asking about. I have several great apps that I use for money-makers or money-savers. I have a few games I like to play. I also have several apps I like to use to read. So, I really don't have a favorite one I use. I will never pay money for an app. I am too much of a penny pincher!

7. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    There are many great apps out there, depends what kind are we talking about. If we are talking games, the latest apps that I really like are 2048, Think, Minecraft Pocket edition, NFS: Most Wanted, Worms 2: Armageddon etc, Temple Run 2 etc

If we are talking regular useful or more serious apps try Word Lens, Scribd, Liveleak, CNN, various dictionaries (I use that a lot because I travel), Smart Compass, Reddit sync etc

at least those are the ones I use the most or have used recently. Cheers!

8. Forall

ForallMember

Threads:
    Swiftkey and Expense Manager...

And of course, many more! :)

9. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I like Facebook, netflix (for the ipad obviously), kindle (for both phone and ipad), I Heart Radio, coast to coast am, Pandora, (music), a game called bubble blaster (spookie house version), tetris, a weather app, dropbox app, alarm clock, calculator, notepad, Vonage (so I can call free with wifi), and a few more but that would involve getting up to check, lol. :)

10. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have quite a few that I couldn't go without:

- Facebook
    - Twitter
    - WhatsApp (my missus uses this to talk to me and would kill me if I removed it)
    - Step Counter (tells me how far I've walked and calories burnt)
    - Runtastic (great app for keeping track of my runs)
    - NatWest Bank App
    - PayPal
    - London Travel (helps me plan my journeys around London)

11. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That would easily have to be Spotify Itunes and AOL Radio. I like playing a few games too but nothing compares to internet radio for me. Of course Spotify has been better on the tablet because it has unlimited skips so I've been using it more on there lately.

12. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    The number one app for me is the SMS blocker. Pretty easy to manage and keeps away stalkers. It automatically blocks calls and sms not in your phone book and that gets rid of those pesky telemarketers. This gives me some peace of mind not having to worry when my phone is ringing. These days of invasive marketing, this is a must have. Works better than having your number on the do not call list.

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still don't have a smartphone believe it or not, but I love the GPS app on my wife's smartphone, it's something really practical. I never mentioned in my opening post, but we also use apps and extensions in our computers, in that case my favorite is no doubt adblock because is just keeps all the annoying advertisements away.

14. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Sadly I can't have anything like that as it drains my internet usage like nothing I've seen before, unless I'm at home and hook my phone up to WiFi. Which is a shame because TuneIn Radio is a great app that I love. :(

15. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know, that's the downside. I mostly only use my cell data for listening to the radio on the go but it gets used up so fast. However, I stay home more often than not so I don't usually have to worry about it.

16. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    Hmmm let's see... I am really hooked on my iphone! I use the camera all the time and a few different apps for that like Camera+, Flickr uploader and others. For reading, I use an app called Overdrive for checking out books from the library and listening to library audiobooks, Oyster books (subscription ebook site/ereading app), Stanza AND Kindl. For fitness, I've got Runkeeper, Zombies Run, MyFitnessPal (calorie counter), and a good body weight strength training app called You are Your Own Gym.

I have an app also called "Apps Gone Free" that lists daily freebies I try to check out every day.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite app right now is a sketch app called Paper. The features are great but unfortunately, most of the extras are premium and require payment. I think they are worth it though especially if you sketch and doodle constantly. It's definitely much better than using paper and Pena because you don't even have to carry around that many tools anymore to come up with full drawings.

18. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite apps is Perk TV. You can earn gift cards for watching movie trailers. For 5,000 points you can get a $5 gift card to Target. It sounds like a lot but the points add up quickly. I usually open the app at night before going to bed, and I let the app run all night. I earned several gift cards so far.

19. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Here are some of my most-used apps on my phone

- Spotify
    - Kindle
    - Clash of Clans
    - Twitter
    - Hill Climb Racing
    - Candy Crush

I have a monthly subscription free for Spotify but other than that, those other apps are completely free.