Cat gets sick when she eats

Discussion in Pets started by atribble73 • Jul 21, 2014.

1. atribble73

atribble73Member

Threads:
    Does anyone have to deal with the same issue as I do; every time I feed my cat she gets sick and it can be quite a mess. But my other cat does not. I am wondering can she be over eating and that may be causing this to happen to her?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the cat gets sick when she eats then probably she is sick. You should take her to a vet and ascertain whether the cat really is sick. The earlier you get the accurate prognosis the more you could save in the end.

3. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    You should take your cat to the vet. If you don't have money check if there is a Humane Society low cost clinic in your area. Mine is $15 per visit and they have a vet that can diagnose, give prescriptions and treat basic issues. For things they can't treat they will send you to a vet. I took my cat to be neutered at the Humane Society clinic and there was an issue where the glue didn't take and the skin opened. I took him to their clinic and the vet gave me a prescription. I had to buy the prescription at a vet's clinic but saved a ton of money on the vet fees. This particular vet was $100 just for the visit.

Also speaking from experience some cats will throw up food if it's bad quality food. Stop giving him the food that's making him sick and try something else. Look for foods with more meat and less corn and grains on the ingredients. Corn is the main ingredient in cheap cat food and obviously cats are carnivore so may not be able to digest it as well. Some cats are sensible to corn so there are foods that use oat or whole grains mixed with meat instead of corn. Also try to mix some wet food in your cats diet so that it's more balanced. Cats normally don't drink a lot of water as carnivores tend to get water from meat, so wet food helps keep your cat more hydrated than giving him just water.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Definitely take her to the vet. If she's throwing up her food, not only does it mean something is likely wrong, but it also means that she's not getting the nutrients she needs and is likely to cause even more problems to her health. A vet can help determine what is happening.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The vet will probably recommend that you change the cat's food to be safe. Low quality foods will often upset a cat's stomach when they're otherwise healthy. Sometimes, buying the cheapest cat food will harm cats far more than most owners realize. Some cats just don't digest certain brands very well, and that applies to all types of household pets.