What are the hottest toys to buy this year?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Athenagdlyt • Jul 23, 2014.

1. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Majority of my nieces, nephews, and godchildren are between the ages of 8-12. At this age range, kids start to be picky about their toys. Some don't like childish stuff but teen toys may not be appropriate for them either.

I've noticed that they are observant of the toy trends since they spend a lot of time watching Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon shows. What do you think are the hottest toys this year? I would like to give something meaningful that will last longer, but I am also looking for trendy items.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I noticed that my very young nieces and nephews are already into gadgets, like they know how to use it but they mostly play games with it. But as far as toys are concerned, the ones that appeal to them are the cartoon characters that they watch, so for example they frequently watch Dora The Explorer, then they are drawn to those toys when they are in Toy Kingdom.

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    My son never got into toys. The only toys he played with were Legos. It was around the ages of 6-10 where he loved Legos. Now he is 14, and he just wants cash or giftcards for ITunes or Starbucks.