Your Opinion On All-In-One PCs

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Jul 23, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    HP_Pavilion_23_FrontLeft_KB_Mouse.

I've been thinking of getting a new laptop or desktop recently, and I've been feeling more and more tempted to just get an all in one PC. I want it because it seems like the least messy option and since I don't plan on moving it around at all, I thought this would be a much better option than a laptop because I also need a bit more power than what a laptop maybe able to offer. What I'm worried about, however, is that these things don't seem to be very popular in the consumer market, and I'm wondering why or if there's something wrong with them. Anyone here who's had experiences with these or have knowledge concerning hardware comparisons?

Attached Files:

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really, all-in-one PCs are nothing special. A lot of them lack great specs. I'd recommend that you build your own PC for a hundred to two hundred less. A PC and monitor will take up more space, but you can customize it to suit your needs. Or you could go with a laptop for portability. I'm just not a fan of all-in-ones.

3. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    If that is your concern and you have the budget, your might want to consider buying an Ultrabook.

Advantages: very compact and easy to use.

Disadvantages: limited availability of parts, very limited capacity for the price, not to mention they are very fragile.

A desktop computer would be a better alternative if we consider that it will not move, especially when talking about availability of parts.

4. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah...the only real advantage to this sort of thing is going to be the fact that it's compact, and you could potentially pick it up and bring it with you. But then, why not just get a regular old laptop for what will probably be half the price, and better specs?

On that note, a normal desktop is going to probably work out cheaper, and better for you considering you can actually upgrade its parts individually. Id say that with an all in one, it's a bit like a mac really;if it breaks, your only option is to buy a new one.