Make up or not?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Jul 23, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am still in shock after seeing this picture from Madonna, how is it possible for someone to look like this? I think we should not destroy our faces and bodies, we should remain as we are regardless of anything else. Who says Madonna says many others who have the scariest faces without make up...

madonna-no-make-up-1357313335-view-1.

2. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I think some people are naturally homely. However, I agree, we do destroy out skin. Plastic surgery is not good for you regardless of what everyone thinks. Your skin changes with age. Drugs, alcohol, too much sun, toxins, non-mineral make up. We should take care of our bodies with healthy eating and exercise, but not over do it. Maybe she just didn't age well, regardless, it is sad seeing people look so beautiful, but then do all these harmful things and ultimately ruining themselves.

3. iagirl

iagirlMember

Threads:
    I agree with your statement. Personally I do not use makeup because it makes my face breakout. My aunt insists that I need to use a foundation with sun screen in it. I will use sun screen when I'm outside but don't feel the need for it when I'm not.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think Madonna is that ugly in person without make-up, she looks like she has just got out of bed in my opinion and wasn't dolled up at all. In her video "Live To Tell", you can see that she looks ok with moderate make-up.

I actually don't wear any make-up, only powder when I go out. I don't see the need to do so. When you regularly wear make-up, then when you stop putting it, then people will now view you as "ugly" in your natural look. Not good at all.

5. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Madonna just didn't age well.

She's also led a somewhat hard life. If you think about how she was getting beaten by Sean Penn, road hard by a bunch of NBA players such as Dennis Rodman and travelling non-stop doing concerts for years, her body is probably just tired. All of the exercise and supplements in the world won't help you escape the effects of dysfunctional relationships and exhaustion.

Madonna may not be as famous or rich, but if she took a few years off to rest and really get with a decent man, her natural looks would greatly improve.

(Wish she would stop raping these young guys of their youth and get with a grown man. Madonna is the female version of Hugh Hefner.)
    article-2027857-067032AB000005DC-950_472x672.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Peninha, you just made me laugh. :) I have seen much scarier faces without make-up than that of Madonna. Some of the celebrities are not even recognisable without make-up. If you saw them in the street, you wouldn't know that they are famous. And I think they go out of their way to look as normal as possible to get a break from all the attention.

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I wear make up some days but I don't make it a priority. If I am just running errands I tend to pass, but I do spend time on grooming; I make sure my eyebrows always look nice, I keep my skin properly moisturized and I keep my hair looking nice. I think these things alone can make a person look nice and presentable.

8. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly wear any make up myself. Usually it's just powder for me. Only during special events do I wear heavy make up like weddings adn recitals. After heavy application of make up, my skin is usually dry. So I just reserve that for those special times.

9. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    She looks really bad without makeup. She is clearly someone who should never walk around without makeup on. I have seen so many celebrities who look like two different people when they don't wear makeup. A lot of them look scary. The same way Madonna does in the picture where she's not wearing makeup. I prefer to have a natural look. I don't wear makeup. I may wear lip gloss from time to time, but that would be all.

10. maRei

maReiNew Member

Threads:
    We're probably just so used to seeing Madonna with makeup. She's a celebrity after all. Who knows, that could be how she really looks. She's 55 and she's supposed to look like a granny. Nevertheless, I'm not discounting the fact that it could also be a product of years of using cosmetics (and maybe surgery). Makeup can greatly enhance looks, but can also damage the skin. I, myself, don't wear makeup often. I only put on makeup when I'm dressed up, because I think that's the proper thing to do.

Here's a picture of 2ne1 without makeup. Just sharing. :)

2ne1-without-make-up-kpop-4ever-32559532-476-534.

#10Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  11. GLOGIK

GLOGIKMember

Threads:
    Well, people(especially ladies) think that they can't look good without wearing makeup. This is an erroneous view. You won't believe the extent to which those make-up artists work to separate ladies from their hard-earned cash. Funny enough, even ladies who are naturally beautiful go ahead to apply all these things, and turnout like masquerades.

In my opinion, only people who are deficient need makeup. Just be yourself.

12. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, so that is the best way to be anonymous right? Go to the street without makeup and you'll look like a monster? I don't know up to what point they have to dedicate their body to their job, but having a face like this is something really scary, I don't know how she can feel good about herself.

13. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to use make up once in a blue moon. I feel it is an unnecessary thing and one should be able to look good even without it. I am also afraid that once you start applying makeup, one can never stop from doing it and one must use it continuously. It is really not good for the skin and can cause disasters to your skin in later years. It is really sad that some people are just addicted to makeup and hate going out without it.

14. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I think this is just an unflattering photo. How would you feel if the internet commented on a bad photo of your face? Good for her for going without make up if she feels like it. Judging others isn't very productive at all. I think Madonna looks great for her age with or without makeup on.

As for her dating younger guys--again, that's a personal decision. Men do it all the time without scrutiny. Women should be able to do the same. Different folks, different strokes.

15. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    It amazes me seeing these celebrities without make up, they don't even look like the same person sometimes. But I'm glad that they show them because it makes you feel less like a shelb lol. If even the best looking celebrities can look like a bus back up over their face in the morning then you do feel alot better about yourself lol. But I have to say Madonna in that photo actually doesn't look that bad compared to some other celebrities without makeup.

#15Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear make up every day, but I use the tinted moisturizer instead of foundation, and I tend to go for good quality natural products. I don't think someone looks bad like that because of make up, in this case for example, Madonna has made a lot of plastic surgery, and with her crazy diets and eating habits, she's really slim but with many muscles. All of that and the fact that she is aging, that all makes her look this way. She looks pretty bad, by the way!

17. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I use to wear make up everyday. As soon as I woke up, took a shower, and got dressed, the first thing I done was apply makeup. It made me feel better about myself at the time. Now that I am married, I barely even wear it. I finally realized that there was no need of me clogging my pours while being at home or going to the grocery store. I still wear it sometime but only on special occasions.

18. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I think that over time make up and the other things we use on our face takes it's toll. I used to wear make up in high school and a little into my college years but then I stopped. I got so used to not wearing it that when I did put it on I looked like a totally different person. I looked so fake and just not myself. I am glad I made that decision. It saves so much time in the morning and with 4 kiddos I don't have any extra time :)

My skin is really beautiful now. I have very few wrinkles if any at all ( I'm 42) and my skin always looks young. I even have people come up to me and say they can't believe I have 4 kids. There is no better feeling than that. :) I think it's a personal opinion but either one you decide on no matter what you should feel good about. :)

19. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever wear make up, on top of just being personal preference, I have really sensitive skin and would rather just avoid it altogether than try various products with questionable results as to how my skin will handle it. I think it's sad that so many people feel like they "need" it (not to mention people who feel they have the right to tell others that they need it/should/etc.) if you want it that's fine, but feeling like you are obligated to is something else altogether. And how someone looks with tons of make up and plastic surgery and so forth isn't real beauty at all, so it's a little unfair to say that how she really looks it ugly when comparing it image of "beauty" evoked by people wearing make up.

20. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I think that perhaps this photo of Madonna was shot at a poor angle, wherein she wasn't even prepared for it. She has aged, yes, and we aren't sure if she has undergone plastic surgery or so, but to address the central question, as to whether I prefer when a lady wears makeup or not, I'd have to say that I prefer when ladies remain natural.
    And, that's not to say that I despise the overall look of makeup. I do think that there are ways in which makeup can be applied so as to enhance a woman's features, without overpowering them, and giving beautiful women the appearance of being overdone.
    However, if it's up to me, my personal preference is to see a woman's face that is sans makeup. For me, it gives an appearance that is refreshing and gorgeous, without even looking too simple. I am able to see all the beautiful, natural characteristics and qualities of their face, and it's more to marvel at in my book. It also exudes a definite confidence that is held by the woman who freely and willingly "wears her own skin" proudly, knowing that she doesn't need makeup all the time, to wonderfully stand out!
    I'm a natural guy! That's what I prefer, and I love it when my wife doesn't wear makeup, although she looks great either way.