Mobile Payment Processor

Discussion in Payment Methods started by oldwriter • Jul 24, 2014.

1. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    What is the general view of mobile payment processors, in your opinion?

I'd like to know what companies are being recommended at this time.

I am particularly interested in knowing your experiences with services like

which accepts traditional SMS payments; as well as information on in-app solutions for Android.

Thanks!

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've used mobile payment processors and never had any trouble. I'd go with PayPal's option if you already have a PayPal account. Otherwise, Square offers low fees and a great network for handling such transactions. I have no experience with boxpay.com, but it does sound fairly interesting. There are tons of great options available now with more on the way. Small businesses especially can benefit from mobile payment processors, which is what I use them for, and I couldn't be any happier.

3. Rick321

Rick321New Member

Threads:
    I have recent experience I can relay on the matter. I have used PayPal for 15 years so naturally ordered their PayPal Here card reader to use with my smartphone to accept mobile payments. I received two different readers and after installing the Android App never could get either one to work. Requested support from PayPal and never even got a response from them. Now mind you, I'm not knocking PayPal in general. They have provided great customer service to me over the many years. when it comes to their mobile readers, though... it seems like they know they have problems and just don't think it is worth dealing with them.

In frustration, I ordered a Square Reader. It is only 2.75% vs. the 2.7% of PayPal so no problem there. It worked perfect the first time. The interface is great and easy to use. It was everything I hoped a mobile payment service could be.

I would have remained a loyal PayPal customer for everything if it would have worked. I guess it never hurts to have a backup processor and Square was easy to set up and the payments were sent to my bank account promptly. If you are like me and a little wary of trying new things, I can let you know the Square Reader worked flawlessly. I don't know if PayPal's problem is with their readers or with the software, but I hope they resolve it. Searching the internet showed many people with the same problem as myself. The software says you need to turn on location services to use the reader and that message won't change even though all location services ARE turned on.

4. allanrichard101

allanrichard101New Member

Threads:
    Mobile payment processors are a rage right now because of the amazing convenience it brings to retail shopping. It is definitely one of the best ways to shop faster and within your budget. You can avoid checkouts completely as payments can be made using the mobile phone and through a mode that’s convenient for you. ScanOut is the clear favorite of shoppers if reviews are anything to go by. It is user-friendly and works great in any situation.