Do you trim your own hair?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by True2marie • Jul 24, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    A few years ago, I started trimming my own hair. Besides being easy to do, it was economical and a way for me to forgo going to the beauty shop so much. Yes! I finally got tired of seeing a stylist on a regular basis after waiting for long periods to be next even after making an appointment. Yet, I have to be honest, trimming one's own hair isn't completely a mindless task.

One of the first things I learned is about getting the appropriate scissors. The right shears for your hair make all of the difference and you usually have to go to a beauty supply store to pick them up.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My hair is quite simple and doesn't require any fancy cut, so I actually now trim my hair every now and then when it gets long already. At least I get to save money and effort going to the salon. I only go to the salon now if I want to trim more hair and have it "sculpted" by a hairdresser.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have also been trimming my own hair for a long time now. But I do go to the hairdresser every three months or so as I enjoy having a stylish cut. I always have problems with my fringe. There is a special art to cutting a fringe without it looking like you've put a pot on your head and just cut the hair around it. ;)

4. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't trim my hair myself, because I think it would be a bit hard for me to do it myself, but my dad does it. He also has a really simple haircut, so he doesn't really have to put any effort into it, but he definitely saves quite a bit of money.

5. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    When I was young, my mom trimmed my hair as well as her own. It definitely was a time and money saver. I never quite got the hang of it so I don't do it myself.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I do not trim my own hair and definitely don't think I would ever try it. I have stick straight hair that refuses to do much of anything so I rely on someone who really knows what they are doing to add in some layers and help me look presentable. On the other hand I have friends with very long hair who cut it all of the time and it looks great.