Shopping at Michael's the Arts and Crafts store

Discussion in Misc & Others started by mercantile519 • Jul 24, 2014.

1. mercantile519

mercantile519Member

Threads:
    Does anyone else shop at Michael's? I used to go there all the time for my crafty needs, but I've been hesitant the last year or two. They seem to have raised their prices on EVERYTHING, and offer a ridiculous amount of coupons instead. I'm fine with saving 20% on my entire purchase, because that lowers everything to the prices it used to be, but it's inconvenient, and the coupons aren't always available.
    What are your thoughts on Michael's?

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I used to shop at Michael's too. I agree that they hiked up their prices and the only way consumers could get a break was through their coupons.

Another thing . . . the chemicals used to clean their carpets made me feel sick. I could only stay in the Michael's near me for 30 minutes. If I stayed inside longer, I would end up feeling nauseous.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I love Michael's and shop there for all of my arts and craft needs. Recently 2 or 3 of them have opened pretty close to me so I think the chain is doing well in my city. I love when they do the 40% off coupons, it's only good on one item but every little bit helps and occasionally I was able to get more than one coupon so I just made several purchases to save even more money.

4. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I have shopped at Michael's maybe twice in my lifetime, and that is because I was with a friend. I was not impressed. There prices were high, and I did not like the selection of merchandise.