External Storage Devices Discussion

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Jul 24, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd like to hear what external storage device you guys use in terms of brand, type, size, and quantity.

I personally have only two 500GB external hard drives and one 8GB flash drive, which I know sounds like too little in today's standards, but I don't store that much and am not too much against deleting old files. My only complaint is that my recently bought Toshiba Canvio is very picky in OS compatibility, meaning I was forced to pick either using it for a Mac or PC when I was setting it up initially, whereas I had no such quandaries in my much older WD hard drive. Also, both have spinning mechanisms inside that frightens me a bit on whether or not they might fall apart some time in the future.

What external hard drives and storage devices do you use? Are you satisfied with them? Any horror stories on any particular models or brands?

2. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I have a 500GB PROWORX harddrive, because it was the cheapest when I bought it and it still works, so I can't complain. I don't really think there's too much difference between brands for external hard drives. I don't really need a lot of storage, because I have a lot of stuff uploaded to cloud services and my internal hard drive isn't too small either.

3. GLOGIK

GLOGIKMember

Threads:
    Hi, I use an LG External Hard Drive, and I think it's very very good. In fact, I have been using this device for approximately 5 years now, without any issues.

My LG drive has a capacity of 320GB (not so much, but good enough for me), with some really nice applications for data backup and restore prepackaged with it.

I also use a variety of USB Flash disks, but I've not been very lucky with these. The last USB disk I had, got missing in a Cyber Cafe, if I remember correctly.:D