Great DVD / Blu-Ray Extra Content & Features

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Jul 24, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been looking to start up a small Bluray collection, and I was wondering if there were any particular ones that you guys might have found to be noteworthy. I mostly just download digital content nowadays and I fear that I'm missing out on some extra content of my favorite movies. I used to buy DVDs when they were the standard, and at that time, it was rare that you would get extra features apart from a few trailers and maybe a commentary and some deleted scenes. Is it any different nowadays? If so, which Blu-rays or DVDs would you say were packed in with enough extra content that it should be considered over just downloading the movie or streaming it online?

2. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    Typically, you will probably find featurettes, alternate endings and maybe even a documentary in addition to the standard deleted scenes, bloopers and commentary but this is not always the case. There are some blu-rays that just come with the standard special features. I think you will probably have to look at each movie that you are interested in to see what the blu-ray offers. If it is a collectors edition or an anniversary edition of a film, I'm sure that they will pack more special features into it.