Secret Uses for Coconut Oil

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by atribble73 • Jul 24, 2014.

1. atribble73

atribble73Member

Threads:
    There are numerous uses that coconut oil can accomplish in all beauty secrets and a lot of other ways to!
    For those that have not been familiar with this, you will like knowing there is a cheap priced beauty secret out there that really works.

2. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    i was told by my grandma to use it in hair for massaging and preventing of exfoliation of the scalp (ie dandruff).

3. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    Nice post!
    I'll saving this so I can read it later.

I'm mostly interested in coconut oil for it's use in food, but I also want to get into this. Especially if it's good fod dandruff....
    It's a shame that it's kind of hard to get a hold of it here in Portugal.

It is something that will go bad if I order it from abroad?

4. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    If you spend anytime at all on Pinterest, you know that coconut oil has a very long list of uses and benefits. For the most part, I use it in food for frying chicken. I have also used it on my son's diaper rashes and as a last resort chapstick when I was out and couldn't get to the store.

I have also read that for women, it helps to reduce belly fat and curb appetite if you ingest 2 tablespoons daily. I don't personally know if this is true but I have read several accounts of it being so. I tried to ingest 2 tablespoons but could not find a satisfactory way to do so. I can't stand the texture of it when it is a solid state and trying to melt and then drink it was no better.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ok, so it is used to relieve dry hands and feet. I think that it can be a good substitute for lotion if you're on a budget, but I also think that they're way more greasy than lotion, so you're limited to just using it at home. Anyway, coconut oil has so many uses that every household should at least have a bottle just in case they may need it.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip! I almost exclusively use coconut oil for my body and hair. I buy it pure from iherb. I also take two tablespoons of it internally as a daily supplement and use it in cooking. When I was seriously ill with tropical parasites, coconut oil helped me to get rid of them quickly. It's a wonderful panacea that has antiseptic and antimicrobial qualities.

7. thymeless

thymelessNew Member

Threads:
    Well, my grandmother used coconut oil for her face, but I don't really see any further uses for it, honestly.

8. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I use coconut oil as a hair moisturizer. I have curly hair and it works great.

9. kal30314

kal30314New Member

Threads:
    If you have mouth issue, just Swiss a spoon full of coconut oil in your mouth as long as you can. When you first try it, it might make you feel nausea. I think coconut oil is good for the skin, I put a few drop of it in my bath water. Since my hair is in it natural form when I want to straightening my hair or add some curls I press with coconut oil. Since it good for the inside of the body. I am a big fan of chicken noodle soup, I add one teaspoon of coconut oil. If you have adults that are in bed all day & night, after bathing them. Coat them once a week with coconut oil. This help to keep the bed soars down or heal the one that might have.

10. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    You can use it as a tooth paste. If you mix it with a little baking soda for thickness, stevia and essential oils for taste and scent, then you can use it on yourself or your animals. It is chemical free and oils act as a pulling agent (has anti-bacterial properties). Because it pulls out impurities though, it is good to make sure and spit it out somewhere safe. You wouldn't want your dog licking it up afterwards. Sorry, that's gross but a necessary fact to insert.

11. VictorSalza

VictorSalzaMember

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing this. I’ve been reading more and more about coconut oil. It’s amazing what this stuff is good for. It seems every day there is a new use popping up for it. This is all new and exciting to me.

12. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    Coconut oil is great. I use it on my skin and hair, and I love the smell of it. I was reading some where a few years back, that it could be use for controlling high cholesterol. I have never used for internal reasons but will saved the link to read later. Thank you for sharing the information.

13. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I use coconut oil to twist my locs. It is also good for oil pulls, it takes toxins out of the body. The oil pull makes your breath fresher with long term use. There are a lot of benefits from Coconut oil.

14. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't normally hop on the "miracle cure" train, but I think I'm going to buy some coconut oil and try the dandruff remedy. Someone told me yesterday that he also feeds his dog a spoonful a day, to keep him regular. He said it makes his dog's fur soft and silky as well. I really want to try this stuff!

15. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    I've been 'oil pulling' for a while now with coconut oil- 20 minutes, 4 times a week and I can't believe the difference. I feel better overall, but you can see it in my hair, my skin, my teeth, it's crazy. I haven't ever used it for anything else but if it's done this much for me by swishing it in my mouth for such a little time then I'm open to trying other things. It's amazing.

16. wameyo

wameyoNew Member

Threads:
    The wonder coconut oil....I love the smell of cocunut oil in my rice. I could eat my rice all day without getting bored. I also use coconut oil for my dry skin. keeps them moisturized all day

17. stephy2014

stephy2014New Member

Threads:
    I also use coconut oil and this is a very good thing for a healthy hair.

#17Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  18. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I think one of the best uses for coconut oil other than as a moisturizer is to take make up off. I find this works so much better than a lot of makeup removers. It is much gentile on the skin compared to olive and other types of oil. All you need to do is take a little bit on a q-tip and rub it under your eyes.

19. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry not to read the link. But I guess the so called virgin coconut oil falls into this category. It is good for digestion especially for children and babies. Just take a tablespoon of that coconut oil and let it work in your tummy (that means do not ingest anything for 30 minutes). Virgin coconut oil is extracted from the grated coconut without using heat.

20. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing, OP....but for some reason, I couldn't open the link.

Anyway, I bought an expensive jar of Organic Virgin Coconut oil, but sadly, I can't seem to get into the habit of using it! I wanted to use it mainly for my hair as I've heard it's very good at growing hair and giving it volume. I'm just so lazy. I'll try over the Christmas break.