Auto save suggestion and posting issues.

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by mariee • Jul 25, 2014.

1. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I've only been a member here for a short time but I noticed some issues when posting. Last night I was writing a pretty long post and after I tried to post it the page didn't respond, it got stuck with the busy icon. This wasn't happening in other pages or forums so it must be an issue here. It happened today again 2 times I was trying to post, but now because I was prepared I had my text copied before hitting the post bottom.

I'm part of other forums that have an auto save type feature, so if the page crashes and you need to refresh the text you typed is still on the posting form. Maybe that feature could be added here.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I second this. An auto save feature makes perfect sense. If you're writing a long post or review, then it can be devastating and downright annoying to lose it due to a connection timeout or other issue.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    But from my experience, the forum already has an auto-save feature, don't you notice the little yellow notice icon that says "auto saved" while we type on the lower right part of the text box? If you click "back" then the whole page with your saved post should appear.

4. dpf

dpfAdministrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    There is a auto save feature.
    To restore click "Restore Auto-Saved Content" (See screenshot).

restore_autosave.