Are you planning on buying the iPhone 6?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by True2marie • Jul 27, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Rumors are the iPhone 6 will sport a bigger screen and more features. Will buy this item and toss out your old iPhone or smart phone?

I own an iPhone 5, which is great. However, I do wish the screen was a little bit bigger. So, I want to get the iPhone 6. Hopefully, I can find a good deal. I may have to wait until the first wave of consumers get their's and the price drops a bit.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would love to get the new iPhone 6, but it all depends on the price... the 5S is already pretty expensive, and I have been hearing the 6 will be considerably more expensive, which will come to an outrageous price for me, so if that is the price I'm probably not going to get it...

3. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't plan on getting one. I've always seen Apple products as overpriced. Don't get me wrong, their hardware is great and it works like a charm, but it isn't customizable at all and Android phones are cheaper most of the time. I don't mind people using iPhones, because they are really simple and even my grandma could use one, but for me it's just no phone I could ever use. I want to customize it, so it fits my needs and not just use something some designer thought would fit me.

4. HarryS

HarrySNew Member

Threads:
    I completely agree with you. Apple products are not worth it and they seek too much profit. With every upgrade, Apple is getting more and more greedy and expensive. You may not even know it, because they do it extremely subtly.

For example, when I upgraded to iPhone 5, my charger suddenly stopped working. Apparently, it was not an official Apple product. I bought the charger for $1 from Amazon, but the new required Apple-certified charger cost me $20. They served the exact same purpose. Talk about a rip-off.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They served an identical purpose until the cheap charger you bought that wasn't certified for your device broke. Why would it surprise you that an Apple-certified charger would cost more than the one you tried to use in place of it?

As for me, I'll be getting the iPhone 6, preferably the larger version because I want to try out a larger screen than the sizes I've been using lately. If it contains the Sapphire screen, then I'll pay the extra premium for such a feature.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It depends on whether or not they introduce at urea significant enough to make me want to upgrade, but I doubt it since most of the changes are usually just minor. I'm still very happy with their older models and unless they become too leggy on apps I don't really feel much need to spend money just to have the latest model. I'll probably get it at some point but not until there is a significant price drop.

7. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    No, not really. I have iPhone 5s and i can honestly say it's the best out of all the iPhones apple released so far. I'm not into massive phone screens anyway so i really have no plans whatsoever to get a new phone. iPhone 5s does it for me plain and simple. :p