Magic Mesh Screen Door review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by askanison • Jul 27, 2014.

1. askanison

askanisonMember

Threads:
    0074027500807_500X500.

Description:
    Instant Bug Screen Just step through-screen door opens hands-free
    Size: 84"H x 36"W x 1.00"D
    Provides magnetic hands free entry and exit for both people and pets
    Installs without tools in minutes
    Can be moved from door to door, taken to vacation homes, or stored away at seasons end.
    Price $14.99 {I got mine for $8.99 on sale}

First off this thing was a pain in the butt to install. Here are a few pointers. Be sure to clean the surface well that you plan to stick the velcro to. If you don't they will not stick. I used the provided thumb tacks for a better "seal" but eventually went to a store and purchased a few more for good measure. All in all it took about an hour to get it installed just right. As for pets being able to go out much easier, It took our dog a few times in and out to get the hang of it. The cats will only go through if we fold back the last magnet at the bottom so they can see it is not a door. Animals are going in and out and the bugs are staying out. So far, this has been a good purchase.

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks! We are tossing around getting one and this review helps a lot. I have several friends and family members who love it. The only thing we are worried about is that it might not fit our door frame. Our home is older and not built to standard specifications (French doors). I'm thinking if we can just get it to stick to one side it might help. However, this might mean we could not open our doors all the way which we do at times with a lot of company.

3. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the installation tips. You may have saved me some frustration when trying to install this mesh. Now I know to have some extra thumb tacks around just in case. I have been considering this product ever since I first saw it on TV. I'm planning to use it on the door that leads to the back porch.