The Home Store Moisture Eliminator

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Bright7 • Jul 28, 2014.

1. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    This product comes in a plastic container filled with beads that absorb twice their weight in water. It comes with our without charcoal. You remove the lid and the seal and leave the white film underneath. Replace the lid and place the container wherever you want to remove moisture.

I use this product in my closets, the laundry room and even under my desk to make sure all those cables stay dry. It is perfect for small spaces like drawers, cabinets and storage rooms. It is amazing how much moisture these things can absorb. The best part is that you can find this product at Dollar Tree for only $1.00. I have seen similar products at other store and they cost around $4.00. This one works just as well and you can't beat the price.

#1Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the Home Store products that Dollar Tree sells. I like the moisture eliminator for closets because sometimes my daughter throws a wet bathing suit in the closet and the closet starts to smell like mildew.
    We also get a lot of moisture during hurricane season. This is a great product and it's cheaper than Damp Rid.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used a similar product when I lived in a very humid climate. I had a dehumidifying container, filled with what appeared to be salt crystals, in every room of my house. The crystals needed to be changed every few days as they couldn't absorb any moisture anymore. I could definitely notice a big difference with having them around my home.

4. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Woah, I have never heard of these, I could so use these because I live near the coast and there is always moisture in the air. I am now going to have to make a trip to the dollar tree, because this sounds amazing! I'll be putting one in every room. I wish I would have heard of them sooner to be honest.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not used the one available at the Dollar Tree but I have used the Damp Rid. I need to go to the store and get a few to go in the laundry room, I keep getting that mildew smell from that area of the house.