Favorite Type of Car

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by May102014 • Jul 30, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    What is your favorite type of car and why? I absolutely love Toyota Corolla. I live in the Midwest and the city I reside in has many seasons I feel the Toyota is well equip to handle. Rain, summer, winter and even floods are quite common in my town. I feel that Toyota Corolla lasts better and gives me no problems during rough weather. I never really had a penchant for highly expensive cars. Maybe because I don't have the money to afford them. This is my opinion but what car model do you love the most?

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I had a Toyota Corolla (1990) and was mad-hot when my ex crashed it. Except for trannie problems (previous owner never had it tuned), that car was easy to maintain. I also had a Cressida that was also passed down from a family member. I liked the ease of driving it but because it was all-power and almost 20 years old, it was hard to keep up.

Right now, I'm looking for another vehicle but some people I know had mixed reviews when it came to buying a used Toyota from a stranger. The car in my family now is a Solara but I wanted a Volvo for myself. My next choice would be a Lexus, Honda or Toyota with no more than two owners.

#2Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Hmph, since the only replies here are about Toyota Corollas, I must answer with my own personal experience of the car too.

A few years back, I used to own the one and only famous 1986 Corolla GTS Hatchback, yes the one you see in the Japanese TV show called Initial D. It was blue and only had around 150,000 + miles when I bought it back in 2008. I used do all sorts of crazy activities in this car, and from my experience, it has a turn radius many other cars of similar size and class cannot do at all i.e. I use to do donuts in my AE86 and it only took like half of a two-lane street when I was spinning it. Sadly, I crashed the car and a bunch of other problems started occurring after the crash, and I couldn't take care of it no longer, so I sold it off. Still, it was the best 3,000 dollars I have ever spent on a car.

To answer OP's question, my favorite car, is the car that is going to take me for point A to point B!

4. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Toyota is just one of the reputable car manufaturer. Its one of the trusted brand in Asia, if I get to have the amount I might just buy a toyota WIGO which is my type of car. Currently I have Suzuki Alto. its also a small car but enough to get me anywhere.

5. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    Be sure to check out the airbag recall list because 5 Million hondas & 880,000 Toyotas are on the list. The airbags are acting like shrapnel when they explode and have killed several people.. Another 4 million cars from various makers are on the list as well. Lucky for me, not my cars though.

My favorite car is the Ford Mustang. It feels comfortable, handles great, is stylish, and has a booming sound system. I ordered mine, so I have all the options I want, and nothing I do not. The v6's are lighter and have narrower tires which causes them to slide from lack of traction in the snow. The GT, however, is much heavier and has a rear stablizer for the snow and handles great.

6. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite type of car has to be a safe, reliable and economic one. I don't care too much about speed, so I'd go for less power and more money in my pocket because too much horsepower certainly costs and I don't want that.

7. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I am not much of a car person. I have a compact car that gets me around just fine. If i could choose any new car I'd like to get a little Audi or Volvo, probably. I don't really have a desire to get a convertible or a fancy fast car.

8. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Economical City Car

I like the city car types that offer economical ways of living. The ones that have features such as saving up parking space, charging phone while driving, space for Starbucks coffee and lots of compartment for gadgets, space for magazines and the possibility of saving up on petrol. I check out manufacturer's websites and test drive the cars that I am interested in.

9. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I have a Ford Focus. It is simple and gas saving so I am happy. Everyone I know tell me my car has the potential to last a long while if it is well maintained. So I am going to ride it out as long as I possibly can.