Filling up the bottle with water

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Peninha • Jul 30, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How do you feel about those machines in which you can fill your bottles with water? Not the ones with a reservoir, but connected to the water pipes, just with some filters that make the water even cleaner. I have been using one of those at work and they are great, the water tastes good and I save money. Have you seen/used any of these?

purificadoras-columbiaWP1500.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the town where I lived previously one of the water companies installed a public tap that was enormously popular with the locals. It was pure, filtered ground water completely free of charge, and tasted absolutely delicious. People would come down from the hills to fill up their containers on a daily basis, as most of them had to rely on rainwater which is too acidic to consume over a long period of time, and not to mention the associated dangers of contracting bacteria from the tanks, causing intestinal upsets.
    It was my main source of water at the time.

3. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've never seen one of these. So this is not the kind that can be delivered to your office or home? Interesting. Sounds like a good idea, I'm wondering if it's easy to change the filter? I drink so much water and have heard that bottled water is not all that healthy but honestly drinking tape 1) tastes nasty to me 2) I feel sick drinking it. The bottled water tastes better and I feel better drinking it. Using a filter seems to not work for me because whatever they use to filter is eventually starts to make me feel sick. But if its working for you that's great.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We have one of these at home and I agree they are very convenient. We don't have ones that have pipes running directly to it, so we usually just buy new tanks or refill old ones, and they do work very well. The only real hassle is refilling them because they do weigh a lot but it's not that bad of a trade off considering the alternatives.

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never considered to have one of those at home Ripley, how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? I would consider to put one at home if I had more space because I am always buying bottled water, the main problem with be the price and the space it occupies because I live in a small flat.