Top 3 Favorite Films of All Time

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by May102014 • Jul 30, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    What are your top 3 favorite films of all time and why? My first choice goes to Ordinary People because I feel the film accurately depicts a family coping with tragedy while trying to move on in life. I love The Jacksons: An American Dream because it’s a realistic view on a family showing the cons and pros of life and the effort and determination it takes to attain a dream in show business. Lastly, I enjoy Bonnie and Clyde with Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway. I love all 4 of the main actors in this movie and the story keeps me captivated from beginning to end. I prefer the 1967 version over any other knock off of the film any day of the week.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My three favorite movies as at now are:

The Book Thief - I like the story and the acting isn't that bad.

Bad Grandpa - It's one of the funniest hidden camera movies I've watched.

Igor - I don't know why but it's also another of those movies I can watch over and over and . . .

3. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    My top 3 favorite films are:
    1.) Jaws
    2.) Jurassic Park
    3.) When Harry Met Sally

I know, I know. What a weird list. Mutant animals chowing down on people and...a romantic comedy? I grew up watching the first 2 with my late mother so I have fond memories, oddly enough. I then married a man who has loved them as much as I do. The third movie is one that makes my heart happy whenever I watch it and I could quote it all day long.

4. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm, though question, it's not easy to boil them down to 3 but here's my attempt (in no order):

- Jurassic Park
    - Pulp Fiction
    - A Beautiful Mind

5. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    My top 3 films would probably be

Rosemary's Baby
    Se7en
    Memento

Yes, I'm a sucker for Psychological thrillers. :p

6. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    That's a really hard question to answer, so I will go with the films I have probably watched the most:
    1. To Sir With Love - staring Sydney Poitier; a teacher who is assigned to a reckless group of students in 1906's London
    2. 7 brides for 7 brothers - a musical set in the old west about 7 fleshly brothers who head to town to find themselves a wife! Its hilarious!
    3. A Patch of Blue - another Sydney Poitier film but a little darker than the first. A city man finds himself helping a poor blind girl who was never educated with coping skills.
    I have so many favorites, I guess I kept the list to my old standbys. I love movies though, so it is really hard to have just three to choose from.

7. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmm, that's kinda hard. I have watched a lot of movies and I have a difficulty of ranking them from best to worst. Let me see... on the top of my list would have to be...

Always (Only You)
    This is a Korean romantic drama that would put anyone to tears. It has enough comedy sequences to make you laugh and enough touching moments to make you cry.

Second on my list would have to be.... Ah what the heck.

Frozen
    Yeah, I'm a bit ashamed to admit but I put Frozen in my top 3. It's a great movie because it entertains kids and adults alike. Third on my top list would be Spiderman 2 (the one starring Tobey Maguire). I think that Spidey 2 is the best example of what a superhero movie should be like. It has a little bit of everything. Even touching moments!

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    On top of the list of my most favorite movies is "The motorcycle diaries" which is a film about the young Che Guevara (played by Gael Garcia Bernal) travelling across South America from Brazil to Peru by motorcycle with his friend Alberto Granada (Rodrigo de la Serna).
    Next on my list would be "Catch me if you can" where Leonardo DiCaprio portrays the character and life of Frank Abagnale, a real life master of deception and brilliant forger.
    And last but not least, there is "Fight Club", which I think is one of the most brilliant movies ever made. :)

9. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge sucker for animated movies, so first and second place are animated movies from the same franchise. How to Train Your Dragon 2 is my favorite movie of all time, I don't know what it is, it's just such a great movie and a slight improvement over the first one. In second place is the first How to Train Your Dragon movie, and in third place is Inception.

10. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I have admittedly bad taste in movies, but some of my favorite movies include Anchorman, Donnie Darko and Airplane. I'm not sure if Airplane is actually my third favorite, but I can't think of something I'd rather put in that spot. I don't watch a ton of movies, but that's probably pretty obvious.

11. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Off the top of my head, my top 3 favorites are:

The Lord of the Rings - I'm a huge fan of both the book series and movie adaptations
    The Shawshank Redemption - Genius movie!
    Schindler's List - From greedy businessman to remarkable hero

I can go on and on but these three are my favorites.

12. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Only 3??? OK lets see... Pitch Black, Sound of Music, and Clash of the Titans (the original). Strange combo I know. I love scifi movies most of all, but the story behind Sound of Music was very touching, and it was based on the true story.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tons of favorite films. I can't even keep count of all the movies I've watched so far. Perhaps to narrow it down, I'll just provide you with a run-through of my top three favorite classic films of all time:

- Gone with the Wind (Ah, who doesn't love dashing Rhett Butler and the feisty Scarlett O' Hara?)
    - Great Gatsby (Shocking but worth the watch; philosophical questions aplenty.)
    - The Prince and the Showgirl (Marilyn Monroe was at her best here.)

14. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Halloween (original) - This is a horror classic that I love to watch when every single Halloween season rolls around. Made on a shoestring budget, this film went on to become such greatness in the horror genre. It paved the way for many entries of its kind and contains the best horror musical score of ever. Never thought a masked assailant could be sensationalized until seeing Michael Myers in this movie. The main characters of Laurie Strode and Dr. Loomis also add to its suspense and my enjoyment, as well as for the other few films that follow.

Titanic - The first time I saw this movie as a kid, it had me choke up with some tears by the way it competently showcased a dramatized but heartfelt true love story among a real-life tragedy that occurred in history. It's one of those films I've watch it repeatedly and although it doesn't make me shed any tears any longer, it moves me and It'll always have a place in my heart. It's one of the best films ever crafted.

Home Alone 2 - Whenever this movie comes on and I have the chance to watch it, I'm immediately thrown back into my childhood. It brings back so many good memories on top of being such a humorous film to watch. I wish that that more Home Alone sequels didn't exxist after the second one because all the others after this one diminished in quality, but what can you do?

#14Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  15. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    My top 3 would be

1) Toy Story - a revolutionary movie that brought animated movies and Pixar into the mainstream
    2) Jurassic Park - likewise, great CGI for it's time.
    3) Inception

16. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    Hmm I've honestly not watched a lot compared to most people, but these are definitely my favourites:

1) Schindler's List
    2) Requiem for a Dream
    3) Up

It seems a lot of them are pretty depressing, well, at least in the beginning for Up.

17. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I think that my 3 most favorite movies have to be:

1) Avatar
    2) Hitch
    3) God's Not Dead

Those are some movies that I really liked a lot.