Target: My first and last trip.

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Lostvalleyguy • Jul 30, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Target has been around for a while but not in Canada and it is new to my area. I thought I would check it out the other day as I had a few items to pick up which I would have picked up at what was formerly Zellers. Like its predecessor, Target has missed the mark with me. They had great prices on clothing but nothing in my size (mens medium & 34" waist) - or even close. The shelves were a mess, disorganized, and packages looked as though they had been opened. Many shelves were empty or almost empty in other departments and the aisles were littered with debris. It looked as though someone had come along and deliberately taken stuff off the shelves and placed them on the floor.

It is clear to me that the management of this location (Richmond B.C.) pays little attention to keeping the store tidy and well stocked. This was a problem with the Zellers before and it looks like they changed the name but kept the same bad habits. I have no need to go to Target specifically and this first experience will keep me going to alternative places.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds like the description of Kmart. My local Kmart has trash everywhere and messy shelves and opened packages. I'm sorry that you experienced that at Target.
    Targets in the US are clean, organized and kind of stylish for a discount store. They even have budget lines created by top designers like Isaac Mizrahi. I guess Canada Target doesn't have the same standards.

3. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I live in the United States and personally, I think Target doesn't deserve its stellar reputation. They have the same items I can find at Walmart only Target charges twice as much. Its not worth it to me, to pay more money just for a "cleaner" store with a better reputation. I don't mind Walmart and like it or not, they have better prices than Target. When you are on a tight budget, that's what matters. Well, quality is what matters most but when I have the same two items and one store is selling it for much less, its a no brainer which store I am going to choose.

Anyway, I do go to Target for baby needs. Their diapers are routinely cheaper (go figure) and its usually where I get my son's clothes. Target also has cheaper prices on DVDs and a few toy brands I can't find anywhere else. For the most part though, I steer clear and head to Walmart.

4. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience at Target. The Target in my area is always well stocked and very clean. I don't shop there for groceries, but I do buy cleaning supplies and pet supplies there. I don't think they are much more expensive than Walmart, but Walmart is definitely one of my go to places for groceries.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am sad to find out you weren't lucky with your local Target. I always really enjoyed buying on Target, and it's really sad to me that where I live right now there is no Target stores nowhere near me.

6. askanison

askanisonMember

Threads:
    I am not a huge fan of any of the big chain stores, but of course where else can you go now days. I only go to Target when i know i have to run in and run out. I know Target
    will be mostly empty. For a major chain department store that can not be a good thing. They are usually higher than everyone else, have no concept of customer service, and
    the only affordable items are sales items. If i could order everything online and never have to go to a store again i would do so in a minute. Hey Amazon get those drones up
    and running!!!!

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most Target stores in the United States are pretty well maintained compared to some other large chain stores. I always find that local Targets are cleaner and more customer service oriented than Walmarts in the same areas. I prefer shopping at Walmart because it is noticeably cheaper, but I can't deny how well-maintained some of the Target stores are in my area in comparison.

8. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm in the US so it's hard for me to say what the Target in Canada is like, but as far as I know most of the Targets in the US (at least in California) are pretty decent. I agree with you though, their clothing selection is kinda sub-par and they usually don't have what I'm looking for. On the rare occasion they have it and it's in my size, it's too expensive for me to even consider it.

The only reason I would go to Target is to get like everyday products (shampoos, etc) and get the generic brand. I avoid Walmart at all cost (cause the Walmart around me are all really really terrible) so I go to Target for those. If Target's deal isn't good, I go to CVS or something like that :)