Do Your Buy All Your Stuff From One Store?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Jul 31, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It could be more convenient to do so the prices vary either a lot or by small margins. In some stores, groceries could be cheaper but other products more expensive. In other stores the reverse could be true.

Personally, I normally shop on days when I have a full day off and can walk around to compare prices before I buy what I need.

Do any of you buy from different stores when doing a lot of shopping?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy most of my stuff at Walmart because they are 3 blocks from my apartment and have a wide variety of merchandise from food to electronics and clothes. It's fast and convenient to get everything there. i don't like to expend more time, money or energy on shopping than I have to. If Target was 3 blocks from my home, I'd probably shop there.

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I buy certain items at different supermarkets, I usually go to two of them but I'll only visit one in a day, ideally I go to one per week.
    In that tip I buy the things that I prefer from that store and whatever I don't like there I will buy next week when I visit the other supermarket.

4. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I buy the majority of my stuff (I'm assuming this means everyday things like food, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, etc) from 2 places, a local grocery store and Walmart. These places are convenient to me because they are close to where I live. With how expensive gas is these days I don't think it's worth it traveling to many stores just for some small savings. Price variations on these items are not much from store to store.

If I'm buying something specific I compare prices online (most major stores have a website and some have shoppers they post online) and also based on my experience (some stores are more expensive than others in general) I select which store to go buy the item or if I'm buying it online instead.

I don't tend to shop around unless the stores where on the same mall and I wouldn't have to move the car. For example I was looking for an ice cream scooper last month and was at Bed Bath and Beyond but instead of buying, I went to the TJMaxx on the same mall and saw another one much cheaper.

5. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, most of my stuff I'll get from Tesco or Asda, which is the British cousin of Walmart as I understand it, and yet so much better!

For one thing, it doesn't seem to have that...aura? Not the right word that I want, but I can't think of the right one. No wait, reputation! That's it. Asda doesn't have the reputation of Walmart, which I believe in America is sort of...less than stellar shall we say?

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind walking around a lot to get all the special things that I want, for the best possible price. Also, I prefer to buy most of my groceries from local retailers, so it's always nice to interact with people whom I know, and who often give me a discount for locals.
    But once a week I go to a big health food supermarket out of town, where I buy everything I need in bulk. I only don't shop there more often because it takes an hour to get there.

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I like to mix it up. Finding better prices is great but generally I can't find everything I need in one store so it's inevitable I will have to hit up a few places to get what I need. For groceries I keep about 3 places in rotation, just because one store is primarily organic so I can't get everything I need there, and when it comes to clothes, home goods and anything in between I always mix it up just because I think shopping is fun so I don't mind putting time into it.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually do as much as possible because it's way more convenient and it also helps a lot with building some customer loyalty points whether it is literally or figuratively. I do this most during Christmas because there's too many people I have to buy gifts for and I don't really like most of the people I'm giving gifts to enough to put in more effort. Fortunately, these days, I can just buy online, and even then I usually only go to one site for all my gifts.

9. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a huge buyer, but if I see something I enjoy and it's all in the same store why not, it's more convenient. I also think that if we have the time, browsing around different stores will inevitably lead us to saving money and find items we enjoy better, the issue is that most times we simply don't want to waste time.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in an area where we are surrounded by many stores, and I usually shop in the store that is nearest my place. So I would have to say yes, I only buy all my stuff in one store. Because if there is any price discrepancy, then I'm sure unless it's a sale, the prices in the other stores will be generally around the same bracket anyway.

#10Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014