What's your breakfast food, if any?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by bmarks • Jul 31, 2014.

1. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    As the saying goes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, yet so many people don't eat breakfast in the mornings due to time constraints. Do you eat breakfast every morning, most mornings, some mornings or hardly ever? When you do eat breakfast, what is your meal of choice?

2. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I unfortunately don't have the time to actually sit down and have breakfast each morning, so what I do is I get something that I can easily eat while I'm driving to the train station.
    I'll usually eat either a croissant, fruit, things like that and accompany that with a juicebox :)

3. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I have to have breakfast or I won't function. I typically have some sort of whole grain cereal with fruit, but about once or twice a week I will make scrambled eggs. When the weather cools down, I will make oatmeal.

4. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it's usually cereal of some kind, with a little sprinkling of sugar on top. Lately though since I've been a little down on my luck-okay a lot down on my luck-it's been anything I could get my hands on. Today I had bread and soup for breakfast. Soup! Soup is not meant to be a breakfast meal, no matter what other countries might tell you about cold soups!

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have breakfast every morning, but not immediately after I get up. I leave it until mid morning when I actually start feeling hungry. Usually I make myself a couple of buckwheat pancakes and fill them with sesame butter and jam, accompanied by a coffee with soy milk. I always look forward to that half hour break in the morning and really enjoy my breakfast. :)

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not used to eating a lot in the morning. I will usually just have a yogurt, some coffee with creamer and tea. I have never been into tea before but now I really enjoy it, I will usually have at least 2 cups in the morning and one in the afternoon. It became a part of my routine.

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I eat breakfast every morning. I didn't for a long time, but once I got back into the groove I now don't feel awake until I eat something. I try to have a filling breakfast that isn't too high in calories. My "go to" breakfasts are oatmeal (sometimes I add protein powder), Greek yogurt or a banana with a piece of whole wheat toast and almond butter. Sometimes I will have a hard boiled egg and some fruit for breakfast but that is not too often.

8. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Usually have some cereal with juice. Favorite cereals are Kellogg's Frosted Flakes, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charms , Cocoa Puffs. Now and then I will eat some eggs and bacon. I usually eat a heavy lunch.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like eating a heavy meal during breakfast, so I usually I have rice and eggs in the mornings. My favorite accompaniment to this is probably sausage although lots of other meat products like canned corned beef or even spam will do. Sausage is the best, though, since there's a lot of varying flavors to choose from and it's very easy to prepare. I usually just leave it in the oven for a few minutes while I fix myself up and by the time I'm done my food is prepared.

10. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I know the best thing to do is eat plentifully in the morning for breakfast before the day begins, but I'm just not hungry in the morning. I usually have some tea and I'm out the door. If I do eat breakfast it usually happens at a non-breakfast time of day.

11. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    Tea
    Whole bread and cheese or turkey ham.
    Fruit

If I eat this at 9, I'll be having another meal by 11 or so, and then lunch.
    Whole cereals are great too, but you can't have milk and go exercise...

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dad buys bread every morning from the nearby bakery, so that's what I usually eat for breakfast. Before I used to eat cereal. But I don't really feel hungry during early mornings, so I seldom eat breakfast.

13. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My breakfast most of the time is cereal, yogurt or fruit and coffee. I found out that if I eat a meat pattie like a turkey burger and scrambled eggs for breakfast I will not get hungry for the reminder of the day. I may eat a salad later if I get really hungry.

14. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually don't get up in enough time to eat breakfast but when I do, I'll eat scrambled eggs with a raisin english muffin. I will drink it with some orange juice to wake me up.

15. maRei

maReiNew Member

Threads:
    I usually wake up really hungry so I like eating breakfast. However, I don't always get up early, so my first meal of the day isn't always the "breakfast" you eat before noon. I like having rice in my first meal. If I don't have the time and drive to cook, I eat whatever instant I have at home, like noodles or cereals. Sometimes, I have pasta and bread. I don't drink coffee though like most people, I only drink water or juice.

16. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Breakfast is really important to me, but I'm afraid I'm not eating healthy and nutritious food for breakfast. Since I have a pretty hectic schedule, and I've got a lot of things to do everyday, I always go for easy-to-prepare breakfast such as cup noodles (Asians love cup noodles), then I would just make coffee.

17. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Depends on the mood. Some days I love a nice veggie omelet or chicken and waffles. Today, I had pancakes. For the past few months, I had been trying to cut back on starches because I put on weight over the holidays. However, a new breakfast favorite is Starbucks Double Bacon with Cheddar breakfast sandwich. It is made with a brioche bun and has lots of flavor.

18. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hardly miss breakfast. I feel like if I miss breakfast, I won't be able to function as well as I should throughout the day. Since I'm Asian, my favorite breakfast meals are never complete without a cup of rice (preferably garlic). Scrambled or sunny side-up eggs add to the breakfasty feel as well as ham, sausages, corned beef and chicken nuggets. I prefer hot chocolate to coffee unless I'm sleep-deprived and in need of a caffeine fix.

19. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to grab a croissant or some toast if I am in a hurry. Otherwise I like to have eggs in the morning, either a fried egg bagel, boiled egg on toast or a scrambled egg wrap. I don't feel right without having breakfast, so if it's too early then I will take some breakfast bars with me.

20. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's almost always eggs these days, in some fashion. Either I will simply fry some eggs along with some toast and home fries, or I will spend a little more time and make an omelette, or an eggs benedict, etc...

I also like to poach eggs in a spicy tomato sauce, then serve them over toast and top with a bunch of parmesan/romano and some black pepper.

Lately though I've been on a "breakfast burrito" kick again though. One of our grocers always sells a large pack of fresh jalapenos for only a buck or so, so I will buy a pack and run it through my food processor to dice them all up and store them in my freezer to have them on hand. That way in the mornings, I can throw some in with my scrambled eggs, along with some diced onions as well which I also keep on hand, melt some cheese on the flour tortillas when I warm them up, and finish them off with a little hot sauce before rolling them up.