What is your best/worst travel experience?

Discussion in Travel started by bmarks • Jul 31, 2014.

1. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    In today's global society, people travel all over the world every day, so the act becomes fairly mundane. Here is the place to post your extraordinary travel experiences, be they good or bad ones. Which experiences made you leap with giddiness and which made you shake your head in disgust? What made the experience so terrific (in the good or bad sense)?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My best travel experience was when I went to England when it was 15 years old. The whole trip was amazing. The flight was good, the school I went to was awesome, the people I met there were amazing and I learned more than I had ever learned before at that age.
    My worst experience was on a plane to San Francisco, with the connection in Miami, where I missed the connecting flight because customs took a long time, and then I had to sleep in the Miami airport in the middle of December for 12 hours before I could get the next flight in the morning.

3. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    Dude I have much experience of the travel and I really impressed with travel and I had complete the France tour with the family I feel much more comfortable during the France tour..

4. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    bmarks! Travelling is my passion. I love to explore the whole world. I have been visiting many beautiful countries and cities. London, Venice, Turkey, India and New Zealand are my most favorite places. I love to go there again and again. In London the visit to the Queens Mary’s garden made my trip better. There were a lot to see, different kinds of rose flowers and unique statues. Approximately 12000 roses are planted there and I think it is the best part of this garden.

5. JoshPosh

JoshPoshBanned

Threads:
    The worse trip has got to be my first international travel. I was not ready for the 10+ hour flight. Tossing and turning every hour trying to get some sleep. Being waken up by passengers wanting to go to the restroom. Miserable experience. After a few flight I learned how to cope with it. Sleeping pills do help a lot.

6. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    JoshPosh! I think you should not be accustomed to take sleeping pills on each and every tour. It will make you it’s addicting. I want to suggest you to take complete rest before travelling and during it try to be relaxed but I think it was your first international flight so you could not wait and became impatient. For me it is the part of my life because I like to explore the whole world.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Worst travel experience would be when I went to Singapore with a friend and we both had our periods. In other words, we both had hormonal changes which somehow marred our experience and diminished our enjoyment of the place. It was supposedly our first trip abroad but since she was so uncooperative about picture-taking and didn't seem too enthusiastic, it got me irritated. We also had trouble enjoying places because she wasn't so keen on walking. Nevertheless, our period had much to do with our moods. Lesson: never travel when you have your period or you'll feel awful.

8. florida2015

florida2015Member

Threads:
    My best traveling experiences so far have been to Jacksonville, Fl. I have driven there several times and the residents are so friendly. They give me directions, restaurant recommendations, job tips. The weather is usually very nice and the beaches are beautiful. There is a lot to see and do all the time. The only thing I hate about it is the bad traffic and parking since it is a very large city. The bridges are very high and scary too.

My worse traveling experience was flying to the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport in Texas and walking through that huge airport on my way to Hawaii. The total flight time was 11 hours. Then I spent two full weeks being awake all night while everyone slept. Did I mention that a new baby cried non-stop for 9 hours of the flight there? Fun times.

9. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    My best travel experience was from Ghana to Ethiopia. I flew on Ethiopian Airlines. The service was fantastic and courteous. They serve Ceres, which I absolutely love and they served me vegan food without a problem. The plane ride was very smooth and the welcome at the airport was warming. Going to Lalibela and experiencing the city was such an amazing experience. I cannot put it into words.

10. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    My best experience of travel is of Singapore. I had a great time there with my family. I spend there five days that was my best experience till now. There was lost in beautiful spots. I would like to go there again.

11. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Roki123! It is no doubt that Singapore is a stunning and most demanded tourist destination. Each and every tour wants to explore it. However, very few got this chance. I had visited it many times and the last time I visited it before my yellowstone tours. Here I want to talk about your trip. How many places did you see during your trip? Would you like to share your experience with me?

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    A trip to Vegas that I really regret. What happens there definitely does not stay there. I basically wasted the whole trip on hallucinogens (synthetic and mushrooms) as well as liquor, and spent most of the vacation pent up in my room because I was too scared to walk down the hallways thinking people would recognize I was tripping. I was also too trashed drunk to even go fetch a bucket of ice for my room. The only times I left were for a couple hours to get something to eat with my friends, and so the cleaning folks could come in and clean my room (I think it's mandatory after 2 days). I honestly never came down off the tripping for nearly three days, and was paranoid about everything. The hotel staff were all giving me funny looks too - I'm sure I was making goofy facial expressions and acting weird to them. The worst part was that I got lost (it was in the Aria) and could not find my way back to my room, and started yelling at the staff for giving me wrong directions. Then I made one of them walk me all the way to my room. I am lucky they didn't kick me out. I lost some friends after that trip needless to say...

13. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Why not Ashlee ! I visited the Singapore last year with my family. We spend 5 days there and visit its many attractive places and enjoyed a lot especially the nightlife of this region. I think due to the short time I can't explore it all attractive spots but still it was a great experience for me. We stayed at the Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel. It was a good experience for me to be there. Night Safari is an unforgettable place for me. I would like to go there again to enjoy the great time.

14. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Roki123! I must say you had a great time at Singapore. I know five days are not enough to travel around the whole country but still these are sufficient to spend some memorable time. The Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel is really an awesome place. Once I had a chance to stay there and I found it totally reliable and best accommodation. How did you find it? Did you spend a memorable and comfortable time here or not?