Suave Smoothing Lotion With Cocoa Butter and Shea

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Bright7 • Jul 31, 2014.

1. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    This lotion is a little bit thicker than I am used to, but I was surprised to find that it does not feel greasy. I live in a very hot climate, and I don't like the feel of very thick, heavy lotions. This lotion absorbs quickly, does not feel greasy at all and is very moisturizing. The combination of cocoa and shea butter is a very pleasant and subtle scent.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like most of the Suave products. They're good and cheap and they have a variety of scents. I use both their lotion and their shampoo. Considering that their shampoo is $1 and cleans pretty well, it's a pretty good value. As a thrifty person, I don't like spending a lot on things like shampoo, so I've used Suave for years.

3. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I need to try this lotion. I use cocoa butter, but it's not the one by Suave. I use Queen Helene. It's not greasy, but it's thin. It also makes my face hot when it's hot outside. I will look for Suave Smoothing Lotion when I am at the store because I need something that's not expensive and will help my skin.

4. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use Suave but a generic brand for the same type of lotion, and I honestly like it a lot. I find that it's only greasy if I use TOO much of it, which usually means to me that I'm the one who's causing the "problem" and not the lotion that's causing the "problem". It goes on easy, spreads smoothly, and gets soaked into my skin relatively fast :)

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm interested to know that this lotion particular is thicker, because from my experience Suave moisturizers tend to be thin and not very moisturizing. From the drugstore, I really enjoy Vaseline and Dove moisturizers.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the tip! I will try it out. Usually, shea butter sits heavily on my skin, especially in hot weather. As a matter of fact, I try to not put anything on my skin when I am in the tropics, but only drink a lot of water and keep having cold showers. I took this advice from a friend from Latin America, who has never used any skin lotion or had a hot shower in his life. It sounds incredible, but his skin is dewy and amazingly soft.

7. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I am in love with this lotion. I live in Florida where it's super hot most of the time, although this lotion is thick it doesn't leave that terrible feeling after you apply it. It is very light but does the job and makes my hands feel so nice. I have tried many lotions due to my skin being extremely dry. I need to use it all the time so that light feeling is very important. This lotion also doesn't leave that residue on your hands. Ya know that strange feeling. yuck !
    This is rather inexpensive as lotions go. I used to be able to only use Curel which is pricey. :) Glad I found this one.