Retention period

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by Gelsemium • Aug 1, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yesterday I received a phone call from my tv company offering me a discount in price, extra services in what seemed to be an awesome deal to me. I was really happy with it, but I remembered to ask, what about retention period, is there any? 24 months the woman said, lol. So they offer me a good deal, considering I stay with them for more 2 years... Would you do it?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Well that depends.

What is the penalty for breaking the contract? So if you cancel in a year, what is it going to cost you?

Also, is it a company you've been with a long time and are likely to stick with anyway? If so, then maybe a 24 month contract isn't a big deal.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the company. I've been using AT&T since 2008, so if they offered me a great deal and all I had to do was stick with them for 2 years, I'd definitely do it because I'm not looking for another phone/internet/TV company right now.

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, that is why I have accepted, I've been with them for the past 15 years, so I don't think I am going to change in the next two. If I cancel in the retention period I have to pay the full value of that period, meaning, the remaining year, what is insane. I am tied with them now, but I think I did the right thing.