How often do you coupon?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Mayvin • Aug 1, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    After watching that show extreme couponing, I did start to use coupons more but have drifted off from it for several reasons. 1) It seems that most of the coupons in the sunday paper for instance I don't use the products 2) The products I do use coupons for rarely have coupons. I have just found it a bit of a waste of my time. I would be more into it if there were more coupons for things I actually used. I would like to get to a point where I'm one of those people that buy $500 worth of groceries for like $5 or something lol. Do you use coupons frequently and really save?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use coupons as much as I used to because I've been busy lately. It's harder to save significant amounts in states that don't double coupons but I still do what I can.
    Even if you only use 2 coupons in a grocery visit, you're still coming out ahead. I'd like to get back to couponing again because once I saved $268 using coupons, but I don't have time right now to clip coupons and match them to deals. If you only want to use coupons for products you buy already and don't want to try any new products, then try ordering from an online clipping service like The Coupon Clippers.
    That way you can get the exact coupons that you need instead of leaving it up to chance.

3. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I try to use at least a few coupons when I grocery shopping. I don't get obsessive about it though. I just clip coupons from the Sunday paper and print them online. I try to use coupons for products we enjoy but don't buy regularly. When we get coupons for them and they're already on sale, we'll stock up a bit. Of course, I also coupons for the brands we buy on a regular basis as well. I also like to use coupons and reward programs when we go out to dinner.

4. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I use coupons every week. I don't coupon like the people on the show. I am much more casual about it. One thing about couponing is that brand loyalty has to become more flexible. I like to stock up on the brands that I like the best, but if a coupon for spaghetti sauce comes out in the paper, I will stock up on it regardless of brand since it is something I use regularly. I've also learned to buy things when they are on sale and not necessarily when I need them.