Do you wait for the Sales season?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Strykstar • Aug 1, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    If you see some piece of clothing that you like in a store but you know that in maybe a month it might be 50% off, do you buy it right away or wait for it to go down? Of course that by waiting you risk someone else buying it so it's a matter of managing that risk.

2. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    That really depends on what it is. For some things I say yes, because on some stores I already have a good idea of what things sell quickly and what doesn't. Things that I know don't sell quickly I might wait for them to go on sale. For example a couple of years ago there leather and fake leather was trending, and I saw a pair of leather shorts I liked on Torrid at full price. On the next clearance they were slightly discounted but I didn't buy them, they disappeared from the store for a couple of months and on the next big clearance event they appeared again now heavily discounted at just $5. I got them :) On the other hand one time I fell in love with a particular dress on Torrid but didn't have any money, a week later it was sold out in my size. So now if I really really want something that I'm sure it's going to sell out I buy it at full price.

3. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Eh, I try to. Sometimes when I do that though I find that the clothes I want is gone or is not in my size :( If I see it then and it's a really good price, I'll get it for sure. I wouldn't even wait for the end-of-the-season sale.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never know when things are going on sale, so I will usually try to buy from the sales section, but if I see something I really like and it's not totally out of my budget, I'll buy it even if it's not on sale. Sure, I will get pissed if I find out that One month later it's on sale, but if you know sales, you know that maybe you won't find it anymore when it's 50% off. There's a good chance that it will be sold out, so if you really like it I say just buy it.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If I like the item that much and it isn't too expensive then I might consider buying it full price, otherwise, I'm okay with losing out on certain items because there's too many other options to spend money on so I tend not to get too worked up on missing just one or two. I only check out items on sale seasons anyway, for the most part, so by the time I realize I want certain items they are already on sale.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    If I really like the item I won't wait, but for larger shopping trips I do wait because the savings is too good to pass up. I like to wait for the end of season sales because in addition to having the deepest discounts they also tend to have an additional percentage off. I have noticed Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic doing this over the past few years and if you play your cards right you can get items for almost 80% off.

7. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not too well informed when it comes to sales so I just try to buy the clothes I need, on the spot, when I find them cheap. Say It's summer and I see a winter coat that I know I'll need - I buy it then and wear it when the season comes. Sure, if I hear about a sale I grab my wallet and go check it out, but wait for it to happen? Nah.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depends entirely on how much I need the clothes. If I can do without them for a little while then I have no problem with waiting. But if I can't do without the clothes then I'd have no option but to buy at whatever price they are selling at [at that time]. But I try to plan way ahead so that I don't find myself in such situation.

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I can't be bothered waiting. I have done that before, and the clothes that I wanted, were gone by the time the price came down. So, I just buy them if I really need or want them, and worry about the rest later. Well, I am not as careless as it might sound, it's just that I don't like to be disappointed after waiting for a month.