How much do you spend on entertainment monthly?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by daimashin • Aug 4, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    There are so many movies, music, and games these days that it's kind of hard for me not to overspend on entertainment. Nowadays, I try to keep to just buying the ones that I really like and enjoy. I'm also limiting myself to just one game a month or I'll get it used. Do you guys have a monthly budget on these things or you just try to save as much as possible?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't spend more than $50 on entertainment these days. I'm getting more into the habit of watching old movies which are on youtube and other video hosting sites. If I found one which wasn't old, I'd still watch it anyway because to be fair, by doing that I'm not stealing from anybody.

And with so many free games on the net, I've never had to buy a new game for a really long time.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In recent months I have not spend much on entertainment at all. I went to the cinema a few times, but that's about it. Oh yes, and I attended a concert in June. I have lost interest in hiring DVD's, and I have never been a fan of computer games. I don't know if it is just a stage I am going through, or whether I just have enough entertainment in life right now without needing any extras.

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I don't spend much on entertainment. On a monthly basis, it's under $20 bucks and maybe less than that. I haven't bought a music CD or download anything from ITunes in awhile and as for movies, I did rent 2 films to watch on Amazon a few weeks ago. That came to almost $10 bucks right there. I don't like to spend a lot on DVDs because the prices are too high for new releases. I usually wait a few months and buy them on Amazon or eBay far below the retail price.

5. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Most of our entertainment comes from the internet. Music, old movies, celebrity news. We've given up our cable for higher internet speeds. So overall spending would be just under $50. Even our kids watch cartoon series on youtube instead. We only go to cinemas when its a movie the whole family really likes. That just happens I guess every quarter.

6. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    Since may we've cut all entertainment from our monthly budget, except for 1 time we won free popcorn and a discount on tickets so we went to the movies. Of course we like entertainment but for now it's just a luxury. There's a lot of free legal tv online now so we watch those, and we listen to free music like Pandora, in addition to the music we already own.

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I never thought that people save so much on entertainment. Actually you guys have given me some tips on how to reduce my spending even more. Maybe I can cut down on movies more since new movies aren't as good anymore. As for games, I still need it since it's a way for me to relax after hard work.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I spend about nearly a hundred dollars per month for watching movies because my family and friends enjoy it a lot and I usually join them whenever I'm invited. When I'm alone, however, I usually just watch online videos and tv shows so I don't really spend that much on movie discs or streaming anymore at least substantially less than before when there was a limited amount of entertainment to derive from.

9. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    My main source of entertainment comes solely from one room in my house. I have a recoding studio with internet TV music all integrated into one entertainment system. I pay 54$ a month for my high speed wireless internet. I rarely go out so I really don't spend much more than that on entertainment. Movies, I watch for free on the internet. I guess you can throw an extra 40$ a month on booze.

10. Betsyake

BetsyakeMember

Threads:
    I think it's important to limit yourself how much should be spent on entertainment, because there are always so many wonderful thing to play, and you had better choose the better you like to enjoy.

11. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    It sort of varies month to month and how well off I currently am at the time financially. If I have a little excess money, I won't hesitate to splurge extra on movies or games. I certainly try and save a lot more now than I did when I was younger though. But I do think it's important to have entertainment or you'll go stir-crazy.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really spend money on buying games or DVD's because I just download them nowadays. I don't use the wi-fi that we have over here, so I guess the only expense that I spend on entertainment is my internet connection. Nowadays, I prefer to just save my money to buy electronic items of all sorts.

13. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    We set aside like 50-100, but that is mainly for us to go on a date and it depends on how well we will be doing that month. Next month and the month after there will be no entertainment. Lots of staying indoors. But for the most part we usually have plenty to play with. Most of the time we don't use the money, but it's there if we need it.

14. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Games are the only entertainment I spend money on. It's on only games, but hardware and everything else required for it. Sometimes it's too much but, it depends on what games are released. I don't buy games every month, but if a new release is out then it's $60 right there. Entertainment expenses vary a lot, but I do spend too much on it.