Youtube channels to exercise at home

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by prettycolors • Aug 5, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Are you using Youtube to learn new routines and exercises? If that's the case, share a few. I'm curious what videos you guys and girls are using.
    I've stopped going to the gym a good while back in order to save my finances and since then I've been searching constantly for new exercises and channels, any suggestions are welcomed :D

#1Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use youtube channels for my yoga exercises. I like my online teacher, who makes beautiful videos in her home, including her cat. Also, I have been directly in touch with her, asking about specific techniques and possible mistakes that I could be making. I am just so grateful to this lovely woman who does it all for free. :)

3. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite YouTube fitness channels are HasFit, JessicaSmithTV and Fitness Blender. In those 3 channels you can find just about any type of workout you'd want to try like HIIT, Barre, or just a gentle walking workout. It's great to add variety to your fitness routine so that you don't get bored or hit a plateau.

4. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite site for workouts is Fitness Blender. I believe they have a YouTube channel but I just go to the actual site. The videos are easy to follow and of great quality. I have found all kinds of workouts on there. If I just want to have an "easy" day, there's a workout for that. If I want to really hit it hard, there's a workout for that too. I highly suggest checking them out!

5. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I love going to The Fitness Blender and Joanna Soh's channel. Another channel is BeFit, which includes videos from Jillian Michaels. I exercise weekly to Joanna Soh's channel. I love how she has videos that target certain body parts. My favorites are her videos targeting the inner thighs. I have seen so much improvement on my thighs. The Fitness Blender features a husband and wife team. I usually follow the exercises the wife does as I assume it is tailor to a woman's body. All of these channels have so many exercises and I think the number of videos is over 100 per channel.

6. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I've had some nice sessions using Billy Bank's tai bo vids. It's tiring but I feel energetic the next day. However, this was the time when we had reliable fast internet. Now we have a different provider, vids buffer intermittently and ruins the whole workout. Gotta try these other channels you have suggested here people. Thanks.

7. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't use YouTube as a source for exercise. Normally, I watch TV shows at this place. However, now, I may consider seeing who's offering exercise advice.

This year, I have walked a lot (up and down hills). Its helped me shed some pounds. But, I know that I'll be less outside with the change of weather. So, finding other forms of exercise would be great.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used Youtube to get Zumba routine, I don't know the names of the people presenting the workouts. I like the moves and the music. I have a gym membership which has been a waste of money. But I can do the online workouts or walk to get the excerise I need daily.

9. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend you check out Fitness Blender. They have tons of exercise videos and of great quality too. I've been watching their fitness videos for a year now and ever since it has been a part of my fitness routine every week. On their website they have playlists wherein you can choose an exercise routine that best suits your need.

10. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Fitness Blender is probably the best I can think but I'm sure there are a lot more out there. But the great thing about Fitness Blender is that they have a timer in the video and they have specialized playlists of routine exercises you can follow daily.

11. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I use Youtube for my workouts and I've lost nearly 30lbs doing it. I do the Leslie Sansone walk at home videos and the Jillian Michaels videos. I also do turbo jam sometimes and Denise Austin if I wanna change things up. There are so many work out videos on Youtube. Best part is, it's free!