Using sunglasses

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Aug 8, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never used sunglasses because I use regular glasses, or used to, now I just used them on the computer, but when I am outdoors with a lot of sun I am starting to feel the need. I find strange that my eyes are more sensitive now, I wonder if it's related with the climate change... Do you use sunglasses? Out of need or to look better?

2. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Hi Gelsemium :)

I for one don't use sunglasses and don't own one at the moment. I just use my old reliable umbrella to protect myself (including my eyes) from the glaring sun. I actually don't remember any instance where I really have the need to use sunglasses before. :confused:

3. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of vision issues that make my eyes very sensitive to sunlight. I always wear (prescription) sunglasses when the sun is out or there is a bad glare. I definitely recommend them. Being able to see is always nice. :)

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I wear sunglasses all the time! If I leave the house without them I have to go back or pick up another pair when I am out. I have become so used to wearing sunglasses that if I don't I can barely see. I like the different styles of sunglasses but wear them more for function than fashion.

5. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I wear sunglasses everyday. Where I live, they are a necessity. I wear glasses, so for about a year or so I had the Transitions lenses that get darker in the sun and then turn clear when you are indoors. They worked great, and you can't notice the transition at all. Now, I use fitover sunglasses that are made to fit right over your glasses. I really like them, and I saved a lot of money over the Transitions lenses.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In San Diego, you pretty much need sunglasses, especially if you're out and about constantly. I use a basic pair that has UV protection, but they're nothing fancy. I wouldn't mind wearing a $150 pair of sunglasses, but my budget is closer to $15 than $150. They all work the same for the most part, anyways. I don't always wear them, but they're good for protecting your eyes from the sun and being able to see better when it's pretty bright outside. Less wear on your eyes in any case.

7. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I wear sunglasses as 'not wearing them' (when it's bright enough for you to see well enough when you wear them) is like 'carrying 100 lbs. more than you need to'---it wears you out faster. I have expensive prescription glasses, and so have to use 'clip-on' shades (with a hat to eliminate the brightness that makes it to my eyes between the top rim and my forehead :p ). Or that's what I thought. But I find that those 'wrap-around' shades they give you at the opthamologist (for your there-dialated eyes) connects the shade directly to the forehead, eliminating the need for a hat (letting me show-off my sexy, shaved head) :D

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear glasses, I have used the Transitions and like them but I have trouble seeing at night so I no longer have the Transition Lenses. I do wear sunglasses now that I have had more issues with my eyes, I hope the use of the sunglasses is helping my eyes, I use a computer for hours everyday which has caused some changes in my eye sight.

9. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I wear glasses and sometimes contacts. My glasses are transition and they work great for me. At night or indoors they are completely clear and in the sun they darken. When I wear contacts I wear sunglasses if I'm outside. I've grown used to my glasses protecting my eyes and with contacts I feel the difference when I'm out in the sun. Even clear glasses before I got transitions help, because they all have uv reflective coatings.

10. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Depending on my mood, I wear sunglasses. It's probably because I live in Washington state. It's been sunny recently, but at times it's really dark and gloomy.

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have spent most of my life in Australia, and can't imagine going outside without sunglasses. The light where I used to live had such a glaring quality, that I would feel disorientated without my sunglasses. Even now, that I am living in a different country with a much milder climate, I still can't go without them. My eyes are used to them.

12. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I always wear sunglasses during the summer season. It helps a lot. During the fall/winter season, well of course I don't need sunglasses. My eyes are only sensitive when I take off the sunglasses after wearing them for a period of time outside in the sun. Then, I feel the sensitivity in my eyes. So far, my eyes are still in great working condition. It's inevitable that as I grow older, my eyesight won't be as sharp.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used sunglasses both to protect my eyes from the sun and for looks. I live in a tropical country where it's sunny most of the time, and the sun is overbearing sometimes, so a good pair of sunglasses is very important. I also love to wear sunglasses especially in the morning when my eyes look tired to hide my face from the world until I'm properly awake!

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not sure but if you are starting to become more sensitive to light then it might be astigmatism and you might want to have it checked. I used to use sunglasses all the time both for fashion and because I found it more relaxing to have a dim view outdoors as much as possible. I don't use them anymore nowadays because I just got tired of them.

15. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really like wearing sunglasses. I'm not sure exactly why. I also wear glasses so I can't use sunglasses unless I wear my contacts. Recently, though, I purchased a new pair of glasses with transition lenses. It's pretty cool, but nothing special really.

16. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I wear sunglasses almost every time I go out during the day. My eyes are sensitive to glare. If I forget to bring sunglasses, I suffer from headaches due to glare. It's more of a functional thing rather than a fashion statement. I use polarized lenses because they have extra protection for the eyes aside from the usual UV protection. The view is clearer even when driving. The only thing that annoys me about wearing sunglasses is when I have to use a mobile device. I still have to take off my sunglasses just to use my phone.

17. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I do that too! I love using my sunglasses as a way to hide when I am tired or feel like I am not looking my best.

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like using sunglasses when I'm sad and I've been crying because I don't like to be in the spotlight.

19. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I own a couple pairs of sunglasses, one of which I just bought recently because I thought they were super cute but I honestly rarely ever wear them, I don't know why, I guess because they make my nose sweat and if I don't really need them anymore, I don't like carrying them around with me so I just never really bother with them.

20. Betsyake

BetsyakeMember

Threads:
    I wear sunglasses when out of door during summer, because they can prevent ultraviolet ray to protect my eyes. And sometimes I'm wearing sunglasses to hide my face that looks not well.