Shaving Cream

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DrRipley • Aug 9, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never used shaving cream before and I want to start, but I don't know which brand would be the best to get. I'm hoping to get one that is of the best quality I could get at an average price, and I'd like to hear what the best brands are that would fall under that category. I'd also like to ask if getting the cheapest one would be disadvantageous or if they are all pretty much the same regardless of the price. I'm not very hairy so I'm guessing I wouldn't need to be very picky, but I'd like to hear from you guys first about your experiences and recommendations before I start buying and experimenting.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Skintimates and EOS have great shaving creams. I don't always use it because it's not essential, but it does make for a cleaner, closer shave, not to mention way smoother. It's important to pair a shaving cream with a good razor, it's no good to use shaving cream if you use a bad razor! I recommend the Venus.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I really like EOS, great fragrances and formulas and reasonably priced. I rarely if ever use shaving cream but when I do I use EOS. I used to use Skintimates and like that one too but prefer the look of the EOS can so I switched. I also agree about pairing a good razor with your shave cream. I used to buy very cheap razors, like only one step above the cheapest, and would toss that after one use and the blades were awful and I didn't get a close shave. I now use nice razors with replaceable blades and never nick myself and get a close shave.

4. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    When I used shaving cream I always went with Gillette. It worked out well, and foamed well out of the can. I haven't used a shaving cream for a long time though, and instead use all-natural, organic soaps. These seem to do the same, or better job at protecting my face. I have less breakouts and ingrown hairs also, and the shave is smooth.

5. Nada noor

Nada noorNew Member

Threads:
    All that is, is the plug for when they fill the shaving cream. If you pull it out all the shaving cream will come squirting out. Let me know how that works for ya!!! :)