Have you tried Korean beauty products?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by mariee • Aug 10, 2014.

1. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried Korean beauty products? Why or why not? Which ones?

I've tried a couple and I really like the Mizon Snail Repair Gel and Mizon Snail Repair BB Cream.

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I have not tried Korean beauty products because they don't match my skin tone. They run extra light, especially the BB cream. So I tend to focus on American product lines that vary more in color range.

This fact is rather disappointing because I hear that some of the Korean beauty products like BB cream far exceed what's offered in the United States.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wasn't even aware of any special Korean line of beauty products. What is the difference between Korean and other beauty products?

4. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    Korea is known for their beauty industry. A lot of their products focus on using ingredients that are good for the skin. BB cream in particular is a dual purpose product that acts similar to foundation to cover up any flaws but has skincare ingredients.

Yes BB creams are very light but I have a light skin tone. I've tried the Skin79 and didn't like the color, it was too greyish and a little too light for me. I tried one by Misha that was also too light, but the Mizon works for me. It's a shame they don't come in more shades but Korean women like fair skin so those who have slightly darker skin tones tend to wear lighter BB cream. My aunt is Korean and she wears her BB cream or foundation about 1 shade lighter than her skin tone.

5. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I hope this doesn't sound ignorant but I have picked up some fabulous Korean beauty products from Urban Outfitters. I don't know if in the general sense skincare falls under beauty products, but there is a facial moisturizer and a mask that helps keep your pores clear that are fabulous. I have heard going to actual Korean beauty stores offers an even better selection but unfortunately I don't have one close to me.

6. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I have been hearing rave reviews about the Korean BB creams, but I have not tried them yet. They are supposed to be excellent. Do you find that their BB creams are greasy? I tried one by Maybelline that turned me into an oil slick by noon. How are the Korean BB creams as far as texture?

7. forextraspecialstuff

Threads:
    In my experience only US BB creams are greasy. I have combination skin that leans more oily and use Korean BB creams without a problem aka no break outs or shiny face. I tried a few US BB creams, Clinique being one of them and the texture is not the same. The US creams have a heavier foundation like feel to them that the Korean creams do not. There are quite a few good BB creams out there, I'd recommend looking for reviews to see which one will work best for you. The one I really like is D. Rojukiss Enca Acne Control BB Cream.

8. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried Korean BB creams and these work best for my skin. I have a slightly fair complexion and most lighter shades work for me. I particularly like Misha and Skin 79 super. There are brands darker shades, but it really takes some time to test various brands and shades until you get the right one for your skin. For daytime, when I don't need to use much makeup, I use the sheer coverage type. When I need to wear full makeup, I would go for the full coverage creams.

9. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I have oily skin and that's why I used to shy away from BB Creams but I have tried 2 that work for me. One is the Mizon Snail Repair BB Cream and the other one is Holika Holika Petit BB Clearing with tea tree oil. The Holika Holika is not oily at all, and the Mizon while not oily has kind of a gel or sticky consistency. When I wear it, it doesn't make me feel oily but it does rub off if I sweat. I tried the Skin79 pink and found it too greasy and greyish color for me.

I normally don't wear BB cream all day outside. BB cream is what I wear at home, when running a quick errand or going to the grocery store. I use it as a light coverup for my uneven skin tone on times where I'm not made up, not as a foundation.

It lasts about 3-4 hours normally, less If I'm sweating a lot and more at night if it's cooler. The Holika Holika BB lasts longer, but I don't use it anymore. I like that the Mizon has snail gel, it really works for me to fight redness.

10. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for that recommendation. I haven't heard of that brand. I want to try it as I have acne too. What do you like about this one in particular?

I agree US BB creams are not the same consistency as Korean ones, they feel more like tinted moisturizer.

11. forextraspecialstuff

Threads:
    I like the consistency of the D. Rojukiss BB cream. All of the other BB creams I have tried have for the most part come across as a little too paste like for me, these all also happened to be US BB creams. The D. Rojukiss has a nice consistency and texture and I don't feel like I am wearing a mask. I have oily-ish skin that I am able to keep clear if I spend a little time on it and use the right products. I like the BB cream I mentioned above because it doesn't make me break out or clog my pores.

12. jmg707

jmg707New Member

Threads:
    I have tried a few Korean and Japanese facial products. The formulations are different than most US products. Skin care is a priority. It does seem odd that with so many beauty companies in the US, we can't find the same items here.

13. lilygracer

lilygracerNew Member

Threads:
    Korean and Japanese beauty products are very different than what is sold in America. It seems to be more concentrated. In Asia, having beautiful skin is more important than anything else. I have tried Korean skin care and it is amazing. It's a little more expensive than American skin care. But, it is considered an investment. I mostly buy my Korean and Japanese skincare on Amazon. They have different brands and variety. I prefer Etude and Liole. A lot of the online retailers will also include samples of new products for you to try as well.

14. forextraspecialstuff

Threads:
    Interesting because I have really been impressed with not only the effectiveness of Korean beauty products but also the price tags..especially when it comes to skin care I think the prices are more than reasonable for what you are getting. Currently my experience is only with face and hand products but I have never spent more than $80, which was on an eye cream that worked better than the eye creams I bought for a few hundred dollars.