Which chain sporting goods store do you prefer?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by troutski • Aug 13, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a few chain sporting goods stores out there, including Big 5 Sporting Goods, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sports Authority, and many others. I'm sure you guys visit a couple of these stores every once in awhile. Which chain do you prefer? I know they're pretty much all the same with few exceptions, but I tend to go to Big 5. I do have all of these stores and others in my city, though.

2. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what you are looking to purchase.

For shoes, I have found that Sports Authority has a great selection of the brands I like to use (both Merrell and New Balance).

For clothes, I like Dick's Sporting Goods, they have Under Armour, which is the best wicking and athletic t-shirt brand of the ones I've used.

For sports accessories, I also like to go to Dick's Sporting Goods...both my boys play baseball and I play softball, and they have a great selection of higher quality accessories and equipment.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought a couple of rubber shoes and our exercise machine was also bought from Toby's, so I would have to say that it's the sporting goods store that I prefer. I also like buying stuff from Olympic Village.