Cheapest plane tickets?

Discussion in Travel started by Mayvin • Aug 15, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    What is the cheapest round trip airplane ticket you ever bought or heard of some else buying? I was watching a talk show where they were talking about saving money and that guy (Stossell) who often talks about money saving tips mentioned that he was able to buy a round trip plane ticket from Atlanta to I think it was Vegas for $68. That seems so crazy to me, although the other day I did see a ticket for $77 but it wasn't round trip it was one way.

I'm wondering if he meant $68 for one way of the ticket and $68 the other way back?

2. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I've bought a plane ticket from Venice to New Delhi for 400€, which is amazingly cheap. And that was an 8 hour flight if I'm not mistaken. I'm subscribed to a website that regularly sends out cheap travel deals and I've seen return tickets to USA from Europe for less that 400€, which sounds unbelievable, really considering that most people pay around 1000€ for a ticket like that. And the plane would fly directly to New York!

3. jellybean

jellybeanMember

Threads:
    In 2002 I was able to get a round trip flight to London, England for $500, which is almost 1/3 of the cost to make the same trip on the same airline now. It didn't seem cheap at the time, but now trying to pay for my family of 4 to fly there instead of just myself, I dream about paying that price again. Now it costs at least $4300 just to fly us all there. All of my in-laws are there, so it is important to make the trip as my children need to get to know their grandparents and family, but we have only been 2 times since having kids and it just about broke the bank!

4. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Airline companies occasionally hold bargain sale events both online and on trade fairs. Tickets during off-peak season are cheapest. I was able to book a flight from Manila to Singapore and spent about $200 only for a January flight. What these low prices don't include are the airport taxes and other fees that are added on top of the ticket price. We always have to be careful to study the fine print before getting a deal.

5. jellybean

jellybeanMember

Threads:
    It definitely helps if you are able to travel during off-peak times. I typically can't. I remembered recently that there is an English author/presenter that in his show talks about getting a one way plane ticket for 0.01 GBP (honestly, not a joke here, he has photographic proof). This was during a time that small airlines in Europe offered ridiculously cheap fares online. It is definitely the cheapest ticket I have ever heard of. I also forgot that I once booked a flight from Oxford, England to Glasgow, Scotland for about 15 GBP. So cheap fares do happen, though not as often as they used to (in my opinion). If you are looking for cheap flights, Virgin is a good airline to look at as well.

6. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    Many airlines give opportunity or offering cheap tickets but at that time in 2010 i get ticket to Vietnam in 150$ only and at those time airline offer such a huge amount ticket..