Recycle water.

Discussion in Water started by daimashin • Aug 16, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Do you try to recycle the water you use eveyday? By recycling I mean like using your bathing water to flush the toilet or use rain water for plants and etc. People here have been talking about how water is scarce because of the lack of rain so everyone here has resorted to using recycled water. I too use this practice to save wastage on both water and the bill. If you are like me, what are the ways you use to save up on water?

2. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Let me say first off that water is something that we will never run out of. The earth is 70% water so I will never feel the need to recycle water. God would never require our bodies to need water then run out. That's why water covers most of this planet.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where I live water is very cheap. I use a lot of water every day but the cash I pay at the end of the month isn't much. Trying to recycle water wouldn't save me much money so to avoid the inconvenience of doing the extra work of collecting water so I can reuse it, I just use the water and wait for my monthly bill.

For those who live in places where water bills can be high, recycling can be very good. In some places they divert greywater to some tank and use it for watering their gardens.

4. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Where I live water is actually free. They plan to put water meters in the near future but even then I don't imagine using my bath water to flush toilets. I shower anyway. The only things I really do is turn off the water when I shave my face or brush my teeth. Or I just let the water trickle. I take pretty long showers because I am a bit of a clean freak. And I wash my hands a lot. But when I have any water leaks I repair or call a plumber right away. That is just pure wasting of unused water.

5. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeRMember

Threads:
    There were several problems with water availablity in my area a few years back but it seems to have gone away. The county still has several restrictions in effect but most citizens do not actually follow the rules and water their plants on whatever day they please. I like trying to take measures to prevent water wastage but some of these methods seem a little over the top. When the water bill gets really high again then I will take these nice tips into consideration :)

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to not be wasteful with any of our natural resources. I have heard of the people using gray water to flush the toilets and rain water to water the garden as often as possible. I don't think it should be about saving money as much as saving the environment.

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have lived in severely drought-stricken areas for many years, and saving water has become second nature to me. In the past I used my bath water for my garden and pot plants, for washing my bike, my car, my shoes; Sometimes I even used to clean the floor of my kitchen with it. I did similar things with the dish water. As for the washing machine, I always put it on the lowest possible water level and shortest cycle.
    There is so much that you can do to save water on a daily basis, such as getting a toilet system that has a semi-flush, or a time controlled shower. A simple clock in the bathroom will do the same trick. Also, if you have a garden, don't use sprinklers but a hand held hose. And most important, always make sure that you have no leaky taps, as you can lose vast amounts of water if you don't attend to worn-out washers.

8. JoshPosh

JoshPoshBanned

Threads:
    In the philippines they use a bucket and ladle to take a bath. The bucket is full of maybe 3 gallons of water. You stand or sit in the shower and then use the ladle to wet your self down. Then you soap up and shampoo. Then you rinse off with sever scoops of water. Done. you save a ton of water.

9. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    You are indeed correct by saying that over 70% or somewhere near there is the amount of water on the Earth, however, how much of that 70% of water is actually good and usable for humans? and how much of that percentage that is usable that we properly contain for domestic purposes and otherwise? So you see, there is far less than 70% of water that we use, In fact, although I don't want to guess, but I would say we humans catch and use only 10% of the 70% of water available to us, That's why there is such great drought in so many countries, and death as a result, I would consider recycling water because it is not wasteful and by extension aids in protecting our scarce resource.