Water bottles deliverd to dorm?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Mayvin • Aug 16, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have a relative who just went off to college and he mentions that he's thirsty all the time. Which is funny because at home he hardly ever drank water. I guess he doesn't want to drink the tap (which is understandable) and he's not allowed to bring food/drink up to room from cafeteria. Curious to know if anyone has ever had those cases of water bottles actually delivered to your dorm? Lol, I know its a stretch but anyway, I think he may just have to hop a ride to the store to get some instead.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    So what is he currently drinking? (It's also possible that if he's started drinking alcohol, he's more dehydrated than he was back at home)

What did he previously drink at home, if not water?

What kind of college doesn't allow you to bring a drink back? Oy.

Is there a store nearby that he can go to?

And to answer the actual question, yes, he could have some shipped, but it'd get expensive over time. Maybe a water filter would be a better alternative for the long run?

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Just have him spend $15 and buy a water filter. There's absolutely no reason your relative would have to spend a lot more money to have water delivered to a door room, which I don't think is something you can do anyway. It's a Far cheaper alternative to bottled water in my book. I bought a nice Britta filter and a 24 oz reusable water bottle for $30 about a year ago and they both work perfectly fine today. I probably would have spent 6 to 7 times that much had I been buying bottled water that whole time.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many colleges have deals with stores nearby that deliver, but that is usually for international students or ones that are so rich the cost doesn't matter. I agree a water filter or he can pool in with his dorm mates and go to the store and pick up some. If they don't have a car, they can get a cab or the bus.
    Part of going to college is learning to fend for yourself and deal with problems. Adult life is figuring out what to do and how. Don't spoil him, let him figure it out. A water filter is a great idea if he has access to water,(bathroom water isn't always ideal) but he should have a water bottle as most students do.