Affordable Pet Medicine

Discussion in Pets started by steph84 • May 16, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I am looking for cheap flea and tick treatments for my a 75 lb dog. I have bought from Pet Care Rx in the past, but it is so expensive. I usually buy Frontline and now that I am on a tight budget I need to start looking at alternatives here. Are there any brands that are just as good?

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I heard somewhere that you can rub brewer's yeast into the coat of your dog, but please research more first. Brewer's yeast is a probiotic and apparently quite good for dogs but most importantly: it keeps fleas away as they hate it. That is pretty inexpensive, all the best in finding something.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard bathing a dog in vinegar can actually repel fleas and ticks. I have never tried it myself but it would be pretty cheap to try it. I found a link with some more information about it for you:

Good luck!

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I am scared of using vinegar because it might dry out his skin. I know that a vinegar rinse wouldn't be too bad and would probably clarify his hair. I am going to research both of these methods. Thanks for the suggestions!

5. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I buy Frontline on ebay or amazon and save a good amount. Also I heard walmart sells it cheaper now too. Frontline is the only thing I have found to work. Vinegar, dawn dish soap, and other diy methods never worked for my big dog.