How much jewelry do you own?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Aug 17, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I distinctly remember seeing financial expert Suzy Orman discussing how she got herself out of debt. For those of you who don't know, she used to be horrible with money. This experience led to her current knowledge regarding finances.

One of the things she did was quit buying a lot of jewelry. Suzy Gorman owns only one or two signature pieces of jewelry. You'll see her always sporting around gold button earrings regardless of what she wears. What's great - they go well with everything.

Suze_Orman_article-small_4455.
    suze-orman.top.
    story.suze.orman.o.

2. jmg707

jmg707New Member

Threads:
    I will say that I own quite a bit of jewelry. I have found that there are so many options for fun and funky as well as tailored or classic that can really spice up your wardrobe. Currently there are so many fabulous options in costume jewelry. I do agree that a few statement pieces can define you but why not have fun! It does not need to cost a lot of money.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I own quite a bit of jewelry but the bulk of it was probably $75-$100 pieces of costume or trend jewelry so I don't feel too guilty about it. I have a smaller deposit box of classic pieces, diamond studs, necklace, pearls and things like that but with the exception of the diamond studs I don't wear them that often and tend to wear my less expensive jewelry. I love jewelry as an accessory so having a lot of costume pieces is good for me because I will just pile them on.

4. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't own much jewelry, and what I do own, was given to me, not bought. I'm really not one of those girls that is super into accessories of that kind.. Even the things I do have now, I never wear them, the most I have on my wrist is a couple hair ties, and that's not even jewelry, I can't remember the last time I actually wore something like that.

5. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a 36 year old male and these days I've toned it down over the years. I used to be draped in jewelry when I was younger. Today I own two silver neck chains, a nose ring & one ring and one silver bracelet. I think for men, less is more when it comes to jewelry.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aside from the earrings that I wear, I really don't own any jewelry, but I stand to get what my mom had because she passed away already. Some pieces are really bulky, and I wonder how much I will get if I decide to sell them, since I really am not fond of jewelry. :cool:

7. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm also not fond of jewelry and the only jewelry that I wear is my wedding ring. Though I do own a couple of earrings and 1 necklace but I only use them when I had to - like when I have to attend a special event and I don't want to look so plain. :) I only have gold jewelries and if ever - will only buy gold jewelries because it's value increases after some time. :D

8. shanalyn323

shanalyn323New Member

Threads:
    I can see how a jewelery obsession can hurt your finances! I have quite a bit of jewelry but mostly of it is costume style stuff. There was a time when every time I went to the mall I'd have to go into Clair's and buy something. For those of you who don't know Clair's it's a jewelry store but it's costume jewelry. I have a couple pieces of real gold jewelry but not much. I think costume jewelry is so much more fun because it's cheaper and you can get cute stuff in all different colors and styles!

9. Thrix

ThrixMember

Threads:
    None. I had some and I sold it.

I simply don't want to wear it.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty and all that, but still, not enough to make me wear it. Money I get for it on the other hand...