Do You Report Scams?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Denis Hard • Aug 18, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It doesn't matter where. It could be filing a complaint against a local business with the BBB or for online businesses which you may not know where they are located, there are numerous forums where you can report scams so others can be warned to beware of certain stores/sites/whatever.

The reason some scammers manage to get away with defrauding unsuspecting people is because most scams go unreported. Should one person be scammed and that person shares their experience with some online community then anyone searching for reviews might stumble into their post and tread carefully when they visit the site in question.

Are we doing our part to stop scammers?

Do any of you tell their friends about scams you've heard about?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have reported various scams on my Facebook page in the past. People were grateful for the hint. I certainly always appreciate it when others post warnings about the latest scams. Since I almost lost $500 dollars in a traveller's accommodation scam, I have become extremely careful and check everything carefully before I act. I also read reviews and research things in detail.

3. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I've never encountered scam before or been scammed, so the answer to your question is no. I've never had the chance to report a scam. But I will definitely report a scam if I stumble upon one, you can be sure of it! If it's on an online store like e-bay, they take things like that extremely seriously and ban the offender as soon as they receive the evidence of the scam. I believe that it is the duty of everyone to report a scam if they stumble upon one.

4. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    Honestly. no. I use my good sense and research to find out whether the place I am shopping is legit or not. If the next man is too ignorant to do their research and ignores the signs of a likely scam then I think they need to get ripped off to learn. If I ever did get ripped off personally I probably would report it but it hasn't happened yet so I can't say for sure.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do report the hell out of scammers. Even a simple act of spamming on my forum I tend to take it really seriously. I would really blunder out scam sites on my sites and social media accounts. I even have a "Scams" sections on my forum so that members can post sites that has robbed them of their time, effort and money.