What do you think about pocket hoses ?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Happyflowerlady • Aug 19, 2014.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So far my experience with pocket hoses has been both good and bad. I got the first one a year ago when the store was doing fall closeouts. It worked great, and was so lightweight and easy for me to use ! The older i get, the harder it is for me to drag around those heavy rubber hoses; so I was really pleased with how easy the pocket hose was.

I decided to order a second one, and when it came, it didn't work at all. i don't know if it was plugged up or twisted inside or what; but it was broke from the start. Amazon refunded my money (love Amazon ! ) , and after a lot of work, my husband finally got the hose to at least work enough that we can use it.

Then , one day, I was out watering the garden, and the first hose just shredded apart where the end connection is at.
    A year doesn't seem like a very long time for a hose to last, to me. I am now thinking that I will stick with the old heavy ones. They may be harder to drag, but they work and they last forever .

Anyone else have either good or bad experience with a pocket hose ?

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Are you talking about those fold up hoses that are made of cloth that shrink up when its not running with water? I see the infomercials and it makes me want to totally get it but if your saying there are some issues with it shredding apart that makes me think twice about getting it.

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I think that pocket hose design is really clever. I knew it would have issues particularly because of its very design as well. The flexibility would always turn brittle in time especially when they are left under the sun. It would always have left over water inside even in tiny amounts. Couple that with the hot sun and that is just like boiling it in water. Thanks for sharing your info as we have been tempted to buy one lately. We'll stick with our rubber hose that is just working fine for the past 3 years.