Whiuch travel agent do you use?

Discussion in Travel started by Canadianlover • Aug 19, 2014.

1. Canadianlover

CanadianloverMember

Threads:
    What travel agent do you use booking air travel? I like Flight Centre myself. I've looked at Expedia and Travelocity, but I find Flight Centre the cheapest. (though they do send me a lot of 40% off flights periodically, spam or not) I have booked a flight once at a Flight Centre store for a trip to Amsterdam for one ticket, and another time I looked up air quotes on their website, then got a better deal by purchasing the airfare directly from the airline company. What are the pro's and con's of the travel agent you use?

2. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just go with the cheapest route possible, but I've flown southwest airlines most of the time. I can care less about top class flying. I say just get me there safe a cheap as possible.

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I worked as a concierge in a hotel, coordinating closely with the travel agency our hotel endorsed. In the three years of working there, most of the complaints we got from guests were nothing major like a missed flight or poor booking options. So when it was time for me to book a tour for the family, I used that travel agency, Friendship Tours, and our vacation in Tokyo went real smooth.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use STA which still sells to people if they are not students. You can still get student cards now by signing up for an online course. I like STA as they allow you for a fee to change your ticket up to three times for £69, but read the small print. It helps when you need an open ticket but can't buy one as it allows you to change with no extra charge within a year of buying the ticket.

This meant I could change my ticket for a flight that wasn't advertised yet and it was kept at the same price.

5. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if Skyscanner counts or not, but I use that one if I'm not flying with budget airlines. It's not exactly a travel agent, more like a website that checks all the possible airlines flying your route and lists the cheapest option. It's amazing, I don't know why you would want to use any other service, honestly. But I rarely fly outside Europe, so I mainly use either ryanair or easyjet, since they are the cheapest. Even a ticket from a regular airline that is 50% off if probably pricier than a regular ticket form a low budget airline.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually double check with the airline directly to see if the prices are the same. Sometimes the airline can offer more times and dates than the agent and other times the agent has secured a special deal. I look at whether there is a credit card charge as well and calculate the price difference.

Even if you buy through an agent, you can still claim the air miles from the airline. You sign up and quote the booking number or ask them to do it manually when you check in.

7. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used a travel agent. I don't really see the need to use one. I think most people can navigate online and find the cheapest rates on their own. What are the benefits of using a travel agent?

8. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    For a minute when you said travel agent, I thought you meant the old school way of going to a brick and mortar location where an agent would book your arrangements. Like mentioned, Travelosity I've used before as well as Expedia and so far haven't had any issues with them.

9. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    Personally i hate travel agent because many of them are do scammed with the traveler and they all go to abroad after take money to every one that's why i have no trust on the travel agents..

10. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    before going anywhere, firstly i search 4 to 6 travelling agent, compare their prices, and select which ever suits me, so i cannot say that some particular travelling agent is best for me.