Daily, how much time do you spend in front of the computer?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by prettycolors • Aug 20, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    We're all watching cat videos, chatting or browsing the forums here at dontpayfull.com ... and the list goes on ;) But for how many hours daily?

Sometimes I find myself sitting in front of the PC for a few hours straight, totally forgetting that I should take a little break each hour. So I stay in front of my computer for 5-6 hours each day. And this is the reason why recently I change my cheap (and old) monitor with one that has better eye/radiation protection.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that recently I've been spending about 10 hours a day online listing items on eBay, researching items to sell, answering questions from customers and participating in ebay related Facebook groups.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Um, I would say that I spend, on average, between 12 and 16 hours a day on the computer, heh.

Seriously, there are some days where I am only up to use the bathroom and get some quick food before going right back to it.

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I spend at least 10-12 hours a day in front of the computer. My full time job is completely computer based and my work from home sites are also (obviously) in front of the computer. I also spend a lot of time reading the news online, talking to my friends who live around the world and I spend time just browsing shopping sites. Some days I realize that I spend more time staring at a computer than communicating with actual people.

5. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I spend at least 10 hours in front of a computer. All of my work involves a computer. So it's a necessary evil. However, I am pretty sure this is the norm. Technology not money currently makes the world go round.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    An easy 10-12 hours a day on the days I do not have an outside appointment. I spend time listing and researching items for Ebay. I will remind myself to go for a walk most of the times, get something to eat and get back on the computer. My eyes some times will start to get very blurry although I have my glasses on.

7. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never really counted but I feel like I'm on it too long. I forget to focus my eyes away so I probably get headaches from it. I really don't think it's worth it sometimes for the pay but it's the only way I've found I can make money.
    I am better with it though as I don't do Swagbucks TV like I used to. It seemed like it took literally all day to reach the limit.
    I also rely on computer for entertainment but I try not to spend too much time on one device when it comes to that.

8. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I spend almost 8 hours a day sparingly on my computer not just because I'm doing senseless stuff it's because my job involves being in the computer always so it's unavoidable. And to tell you the truth I'm kind of getting tire of just staring at my screen for 5 hours a day.

9. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I am an internet marketer so I spend a whole lot of time in front of the computer. I try to limit it to no more than 8 hours a day, but I go beyond that sometimes. It was worse when I was still addicted to video games. I could spend more than 12 hours each day just playing.

10. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I use the computer from the time I wake up till I go to bed. It's a normal part of my life so I don't realize how many hours I spend. It has too many uses now and it's becoming necessary for more and more things. Not saying I need to be on my computer all day though. I just have nothing else to do outside my room and I'm able to do some important things online that I can't do in real life.

11. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Well, let's see ... Other than sleeping, eating and watching tv, I'd say I spend on average around 10 hours daily in front of the computer. My time is spent everyday doing my job, surfing the net for news, and watching videos on Youtube. Actually it's a lot less than what it used to be which was 16 hours. Nowadays, I try to minimize usage to save on electricity.

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the day. I have to do some work each day [outdoors]. When I have a lot of work to do, I'll spend less time on the computer. When there isn't much work then on such days I'll spend more time on the computer, surfing the net. On average I usually spend 7 hours on the computer/net. When I have lots of free time, I could do 10 hours a day on the net. It changes from time to time depending on how many chores I must complete on that day.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I spend around 8 hours on the pc most of the time, but I also sleep or eat or do other things in between leaving the pc on, so I guess that not a consecutive count. I easily feel strained nowadays when sitting for a long period of time, so I need to minimize my pc use.

14. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I spend 5 to 8 hours a day in front of my computer. It's not pleasant I have to tell you that but I have to do it since I have to work. But that's not really like a straight up 8 hour staring contest with me and my computer, maybe I spend at least a good 3 hours of those time just walking around the house for a couple of minutes or taking breaks which you need a lot when working in front of the computer.

15. tzbt827

tzbt827Member

Threads:
    I'm (kinda) addicted to my computer, so that is why I browse it for around 12-16 hours a day. Everything I do involves a computer so it is definitely a great investment for me.

16. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I spend 8 hours every day in front of my computer but that's all because of work. When I'm not working I spend almost 1 hour at least just to check on emails and stuff. I'm not really a computer person so I don't really use it when it's not necessary.

17. Brian3265

Brian3265New Member

Threads:
    At least 3 hours.

18. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I used to spend 12 hours playing game in front of my computer when I first brought my laptop, but I don't play as often now. I use m laptop for working now. So I would say the daily usage is about 2-3 hours.

19. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    A lot. My work requires me to be in front of the computer for long periods of time. More than 12 hours at most I think. This is the reason why I have to wear glasses recently. If you spend a lot of time using the computer, make sure that you will take breaks. 20 minutes of work = 20 seconds of rest.

20. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I spend most of my time at home on the computer. That can be either a minimum or 4-5 hours if I have work, or up to around 10-12 hours if it is a day off. I need to walk around and exercise for a bit every hour or so sat down though, as my back doesn't like to be sat down for long hours non stop.