Weddings under $500?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Mayvin • Aug 20, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    It seems like when most people are planning a marriage they spend thousands of dollars for the big day. I say if you truly can afford it then I guess its ok but for people who are scraping every penny together, f when that money can be better spent on like a down payment on a house or paying for a car cash or something and it just seems like a waste of money.

I have heard people talk about having really nice weddings for under $ 500, and I personally would like to see a wedding for the price. I can see if you elope to Vegas or something and spending that little, but not spending that little on a full wedding doesn't seem doable, but I'm sure many people can pull it off.

Has any one had a wedding $500 or under?

#1Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  2. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    My wedding was way under 500 but we did the whole courthouse marriage thing. So all in all we bought marriage license, rings and flowers. The lunch after was way more expensive. I always dreamed of a cute little wedding but times are hard and I got what mattered from it. I definitely agree with it being crazy to spend 1000s of dollars on them. The dresses are what blows my mind the most. I couldn't spend 100 dollars on a dress I'm only going to wear once. I'd hate myself forever lol.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is possible but extremely difficult and it would be a minimal wedding to say the least. But at the end of the day weddings are supposed to be about the marriage and not the festivities and pageantry that surround it. I do not know anyone who has had a wedding for less than $30k, but I also live in a city that is in the top 6 in terms of most expensive weddings...everything is expensive here.