Powdered Hot Chocolate Drink Reviews

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DrRipley • Aug 21, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been trying out some different hot chocolate brands recently, as I've mostly only stuck to my favorite up until now which is Swiss Miss, so I've come here to share with you my findings so far.

First alternative I tried was Cadbury's hot chocolate, and while it wasn't all that terrible, it just wasn't to my liking at all. The taste is a bit muted in that it's not really all that sweet nor bitter. Like I said, though, it's not really that bad since it was still a cup of hot chocolate and still somewhat rich and creamy, just not pronounced enough for me.

333035.JPG

Second one I tasted was Maltesers powdered chocolate drink. I already liked their chocolate balls to begin with so I was optimistic about this one, and once I tasted it, I was a bit disappointed that it didn't taste more like their original product, but it did still have that subtle undertone to it, though I honestly wouldn't be able to tell it apart from other brands if I were given a blindfold test, and I think that's what I found to be most disappointing because their original product has a very unique taste.

IMG_7283.JPG

In conclusion, I'd say I'd most likely just stick with my original favorite, Swiss Miss, but it's good that I got to try out a few others and would still like to try out more, so please do leave your recommendations here if you have any other ones you like and could suggest.

0289__98270_zoom.

#1Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  2. PhilA

PhilAMember

Threads:
    This is an interesting post thanks, I like hot chocolate and so does my wife. I have never heard of the Swiss Miss brand so I am certainly going to try that. We tend to have a mix of flavours from the Cadburys range, I've tried the Malteasers and other versions of their chocolate bars. We tend to like the dairy milk mostly, add a little milk to the water and thicken it slightly and they are lovely.

Since workin through lots of quality choc's at home I have to add that I cannot drink any hot chocolate from cafe's made in those coffee machines.

3. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I am picky about my coco, I can drink Swiss Miss dark, but the milk chocolate kills my stomach. I know they have Godiva hot chocolate and it is good. There is another brand, it is gourmet and kind of expensive and it is absolutely divine. I'll have to get the name for you because I was in heaven drinking it.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't really drink hot chocolate at home, and the only liquid chocolate that we used to buy was Milo and Ovaltine, but now we don't buy that anymore because we are all grown up already. My mom used to buy it when we were in school. Anyway, I would try the products that you mentioned above and see which one I will like best.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's what I use, I mix chocolate Ovaltine with hot milk and that's how I make hot chocolate. Ovaltine is vitamin enriched so it's a little better for the kid than Swiss Miss.

6. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I love hot chocolate, and I can't wait for the weather to cool down so that I can make some. Swiss Miss is also my favorite brand. Another brand that I really like is the Nestle Hot Cocoa Mix--with marshmallows of course. To me, it is comparable in flavor to the Swiss Miss brand.

7. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I dislike drinking hot chocolate but there are a few latte packets I really enjoy. Organ Gold Gourmet Latte is absolutely delicious and it is not all that bad for a starbucks replacement. It can be quite expensive once you are hooked, but it is probably cheaper than what you may find on a Starbucks chain menu. I am certain that the brand has other flavors like hot chocolate, but II have not looked into it. I prefer coffee.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I totally forgot about Ovaltine. I love that brand too! I especially like it for being sweet but I admit it's not really as rich as other more expensive flavors, though I guess it is just unique that way because it definitely is still good. Recently there has been 3-in-1 packet mixes of it in our grocery store so I just get those and save myself the trouble of having to add milk and sugar.

Same here, I love drinking hot chocolate during cold weather. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll be checking it out hopefully it's available to me here.

9. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    When it comes to powder hot coco, I only drink Swiss. I have tried many others but they do not taste as good. Swiss has a rich taste that I love and I like the little marshmallows. The only time I drink a different brand is if I go to Starbucks.bi may give the ones mentioned a try but I seriously doubt if I will like it.