Superfoods

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Strykstar • Aug 21, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you subscribe to the whole superfood fads that pop up every now and then?
    Things like Goji berries, Quinoa, Kale, etc?
    I never adhere to that kind of stuff, I doubt it's as good for you as a nice healthy and balanced diet.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like so-called superfoods for their taste. I really enjoy a spoon or two of maca powder in my breakfast and smoothies. I love the tangy taste of spirulina, and how it leaves my tongue green. :) The bitterness of cacao gives me a special hit, while kale chips taste absolutely delicious. As for quinoa, I like the rainbow variety for breakfast. I think I might be a superfood junkie. ;)

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know about you guys but I've heard that all that superfood hype is nothing more than a scam. It's said that being called 'super' is the marketers way to get you to buy the so-called 'superfoods.' I have to admit though that I've bought some of them but when I came across that information, I become completely disillusioned and you know what happens when you realize you've been duped.

4. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Superfoods pop up every year. The only one I have truly liked recently is pomegranate and kale. All of the rest, I could do without. Yet, a person with common sense should know that they have to eat a well-rounded diet of grains, fruits, vegetables and carbohydrates to be healthy. There's no wonder food; there's just a few with more nutrients than others.