Battleship movie review

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by isabbbela • Aug 21, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been wanting to watch the movie Battheship for a while, so when I was doing nothing and saw it on Netflix I decided to watch it. Some of the cast are Rihanna, Taylor Kirtch and Liam Neeson. It's a good cast so I was excited.

I wasn't sure what to expect about this as I didn't even watch the trailer. I just knew it was overall about a battle and the Navy, because those things you can see from the poster. Turns out it's an alien movie. I wasn't expecting that! Apparently it's based on a video game, which I didn't know about either. Overall I enjoyed this movie. It was a little bit silly at times and you could see why this came out of a video game, because it kind of resembled a video game at times. The story line was a bit silly, and it's nothing new when it comes to talking about aliens. But as I didn't expect anything from it, I did enjoy it. It's a nice light alien battle movie...

Did you watch this? How did you like it?

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kinda late for a review of Battleship right? Lol.

I watched this at a nearby movie theater. I was expecting it to be a fun movie. The intro was quite interesting with the protagonist trying to impress the lady. Then came the boring stuff. Everything else happens in a ship and in the water (with some parts on land). The fight scenes are lame IMO.

And you're right with the story. It's very silly. A lot of video games have better story lines than this movie.

I felt sleepy in some stretches in Battleship. The movie is not awful. It's just so.... mediocre.